Talk

Advanced search

My kitten goes wild at night!

(12 Posts)
mughandle Tue 28-Jul-15 20:43:15

Jumping on me when I'm least expecting it, running up me and onto my shoulder, nipping me, attacking my hand, climbing the bookshelves and chewing my books, scatting up and down my sofas. On and on until she passes out in almost narcoleptic exhaustion.

cozietoesie Tue 28-Jul-15 20:47:14

grin How old is she? And what sort of/how much playing do you do with her?

mughandle Tue 28-Jul-15 20:49:25

10 weeks, tortoise shell.

I have three kids so she gets lots of play. Chasing a pretend mouse on a string, that sort of thing.

She just seems particularly wild at this time of night!

cozietoesie Tue 28-Jul-15 20:51:15

Ah - a tortie!

I think we need a picture of the imp of Satan delightful little girl.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 28-Jul-15 21:13:10

Well that sounds totally normal to me.

CharleyDavidson Tue 28-Jul-15 21:18:02

Awwwww..... the delights of having kittens.

Our kitten, at ten weeks, would race round and round the bed in the middle of the night. We pretended to be as boring as possible and ignored until he settled.

Then he discovered that he looooved snuggling with DD2 and he (thankfully) settles quite well at night now a few weeks on.

Our last cat, when a kitten, was a lot more demanding, particularly in the mornings when he'd jump on your face and bite your nose if he wanted you to get up.

twinkletoedelephant Tue 28-Jul-15 21:20:26

Mine is about 12 weeks and crazy.... Although last night we played fetch with a woollen mouse for half an hour :-)

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 28-Jul-15 21:34:57

If they are good on the stairs then throw stuffed toys up them and let them chase them down and then up again.

Do NOT use a rubber power ball. It will hit the cat on the head and they dont forget about it either. He still squints his eyes and ducks his head 6 years later.

Wolfiefan Tue 28-Jul-15 21:36:14

Ah the 10 o'clock whizzes.
A tortie? Gorgeous good luck grin

exWifebeginsat40 Tue 28-Jul-15 21:49:31

my 8 year old Bengal/tortie mix still has mad moments - this morning she spadoinged onto the bed, howling and with a tail like a bottle brush. bloody cat*

* I adore my cat. I'm not sure the feeling is mutual.

uggmum Tue 28-Jul-15 21:55:01

My kitten was just the same at that age. We use to play with her for a good half an hour before bed to wear her out. She has a special toy she loves which is a mouse on a stick.

Unfortunately, I had to shut her in the kitchen at night as she thought 3am was playtime. She used to cry when I shut the door.

However, she is now 5 mths old and is now out of the kitchen at night and sleeps under my bed all night with no problems. When my feet touch the floor in the morning she gets up and jumps on the bed.

girliefriend Tue 28-Jul-15 21:56:47

Yep my naughty tortie did this plus she growled like a dog at the same time grin I thought it was hilarious!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now