Talk

Advanced search

Needing your kitten prayers.

(7 Posts)
5446 Tue 28-Jul-15 16:13:36

DFriends found a 4-5 week old kitten last week, all set to home him and he went downhill over the weekend.

Vets are doing everything they can to perk him up, but have said the next 24 hours are critical.

Really trying not to get my hopes up, but he has really gotten under our skin.

Please send all of your thoughts towards our little fighter!

cozietoesie Tue 28-Jul-15 16:16:15

Do they know what's wrong with him ? And has the vet taken him in and is giving him treatment?

5446 Tue 28-Jul-15 16:24:53

He's had a barrage of tests, all negative. They opened him up and found a gastric ulcer. He's just absolutely tiny and weak. Not really eating anything.

He's been in the vets since Friday on a drip and a course of antibiotics. He was found on a construction site, but have flushed out his system, so they are not sure why he is still so weak.

If they can perk him up, they have asked if I can take him home for a few hours each day just so he can have human contact as he becomes a different kitten with cuddles.

Seriously, not a cat person, but he is just so adorable.

cozietoesie Tue 28-Jul-15 16:34:14

I'm afraid it doesn't sound so good, does it? sad Good luck to the wee scrap though.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 28-Jul-15 20:03:26

Let's hope he pulls through. I wonder where the others from the litter are?.

5446 Tue 28-Jul-15 20:53:55

He didn't make it unfortunately.

We're gutted as he was such a little character but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

The site is huge and dozens of cats/kittens found each year. Half of the town has a project cat apparently!

Sleep well little man.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 28-Jul-15 21:11:03

Poor little thing. At least they tried for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now