Talk

Advanced search

It was a year ago today

(12 Posts)

That I last kissed the head of my soul mate and told him I loved him and that his pain would now be gone.

My pain hasn't. I love Obie and Ophie who are great cats.. but they are not him and I have realised that no other cat, or dog will ever fill the giant Morph shaped hole in my soul. I'm not alone.. DS1 and DD2 still have moments when it's a physical pain of longing for his stupid massive paws round their necks, miss the huge lump sneaking under the duvet, always there when they needed him.

Seems so daft that a cat.. just a cat ..could take our hearts so completely.. but he did. I miss him so much and hope he is getting stoned on celestial catnip til I see him again smile

cozietoesie Wed 22-Jul-15 22:01:56

It's not daft - you never really get over the great ones.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 22-Jul-15 22:09:16

I am going to be seriously annoyed if all my previous cats aren't lined up in heaven.

I will be lodging a formal complaint.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 22-Jul-15 22:29:20

It's not daft at all, they leave a huge hole thanks

DramaAlpaca Wed 22-Jul-15 22:33:03

He's absolutely beautiful, a stunning cat.

You don't ever forget the really special ones. I still think often of my lovely little grey cat who was with me throughout my childhood & died over 30 years ago. I adored her.

sparkysparkysparky Thu 23-Jul-15 15:49:43

Thinking about my stand offish old girl who insisted on sleeping on my chest at night when her age started catching up with her.

BettyCatKitten Thu 23-Jul-15 19:25:47

What a stunning cat smile
Pets are so much more than just cats or dogs etc, they are our companions and he was particularly special, like a kindred spirit. I still miss my Charlieboy after 10 years, and numerous cats. He was and will always be my special boy flowers

Wolfiefan Thu 23-Jul-15 19:32:23

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous.
Fluffy if I arrive and mine aren't there then I know I didn't make it into heaven.
Had my girl pts just over a week ago. Told her she could see her son (RIP boycat) again and give him a swipe just like she used to.
The buggers just worm their way right into your heart.
sad

chockbic Thu 23-Jul-15 20:27:39

We shall definitely see them again smile

I'm not sure if I believe in an afterlife or not. But if there IS... then Morph will be there for me.. whole and happy and no longer in pain.

No one has ever loved me like he did. His love was pure.. and while I was his special person (he slept every night with his huge paws around my neck and his furry face pressed against mine..dh gave up and accepted this grin) he gave love to everyone.. he knew when my teens were heartbroken and just wrapped himself round them and let them cry into his fur. He was often snotted on by DS1 and DD2 ! He was my Mum's 'favourite grandson' because he would dump his huge 22 pound body on her and profess his love. he just loved everyone who wanted or needed him to.

12 years of absolutely pure uncritical love..from a cat. I was so very very lucky to have him. I went to see a breeder of MC by pure chance.. he was 5 weeks old and tottered into my handbag, so chose me.

I think I will miss him until the day I die. Damn these animals that take a piece of us with them...

IPityThePontipines Fri 24-Jul-15 00:59:56

This is so odd, I was thinking if you today, to the point where I was going to start a thread asking after the MNer who had a wonderful Maine Coon who slept with his paws around her neck. flowers

If a cat is so special, even randoms on forums remember him, I'm not surprised you're not over his loss. He truly sounds like a cat in a million.

Butterflywings168 Fri 24-Jul-15 02:16:24

Aw I'm sorry thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now