Talk

Advanced search

My poor little Ky

(6 Posts)
BishopBrennansArse Mon 20-Jul-15 13:05:38

We got Kyra last September. She was found in a woodstack with her sister Leila and we took them in. They were approximately 5 weeks old and very nearly didn't make it, very skinny. They were completely feral.

Kyra's a manx, and Leila has a deformed tail but does actually have one.

She had a ferocious UTI when we got her which led to her being doubly incontinent, poor little darling. Antibiotics soon cleared it up and for a manx she has surprisingly good control of her bladder and bowel.

Both Kyra and Leila have grown hugely and they're gorgeous, albeit still not too keen on humans. They don't mind it when humans feed them though, oh no. Or snuggle up on the bed when the humans have their eyes shut!

On Saturday I noticed something was amiss. Ky was actually seeking us out, wanting our attention. Then by yesterday evening she was peeing on the carpet in front of us. I did wonder if something wasn't quite right.

Got up this morning and her urine had the most awful smell. Double incontinence had started too. Whisked her off to the vet (she loved that!), she's had 2 injections of painkiller and antibiotic and we've got a week's worth of antibiotics to give her. Which I'll hand over to our housesitter as we're away on Thursday (what is it with kids and pets that stuff like this happens right before a holiday?)

I don't know if I'm imagining it but she already seems better in herself... She's definitely got her 'bog off human' vibes back!

sparkysparkysparky Mon 20-Jul-15 13:10:45

"Bog off, human" sounds like she's on the mend. Hope all gets better soon and she's back to her capricious self again.

cozietoesie Mon 20-Jul-15 13:11:38

Poor lass.

I've always found that AB injections generally take a couple of days to really kick in so hopefully she'll be much better by Thursday. (Do you know whether it was a long lasting AB injection or the shorter one?)

BishopBrennansArse Mon 20-Jul-15 14:31:01

Short one. I'm to start oral tomorrow. Opted for liquid rather than tablets to spare house sitters' hands from too much laceration!

Think the improvement is due to pain relief to be honest.

BishopBrennansArse Mon 20-Jul-15 16:52:11

Looook. How cute?

code Mon 20-Jul-15 20:05:13

Poor thing she is very cute

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now