Talk

Advanced search

Burmese is 'top cat' in the road

(8 Posts)
code Sun 19-Jul-15 19:21:08

To think I worried about them going out. One of them has made friends with all the neighbouring cats (I see him lying with them) except for female cat next door who is fierce -but she is scared of him. The other Burmese is scared of her but his bro protects him (he literally comes running and chases her off) smile

RubbishMantra Sun 19-Jul-15 21:27:29

I think I've read on here about gangs of Burmese thugs swaggering about in their patch.

code Sun 19-Jul-15 21:38:25

He he I think I have too. They're very relaxed, they don't seem to do aggressive posturing but they just hold their ground. When cats initially come near they have a wash or other 'whatever' behaviour.

RubbishMantra Sun 19-Jul-15 23:42:02

I think it's more their self-assurance/frontiness. Mine would bowl up to any cat expecting to make friends, but run away screaming if they had a go. grin

code Mon 20-Jul-15 06:15:45

smile they do have a lot of front for small beasts. Short man syndrome is what it is.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 20-Jul-15 07:49:47

When our cat is trying to bully ndn cat out of his own garden hmm they do what I call competitive relaxing. They both lie on the grass washing then one will go to sleep, or pretend to.

RubbishMantra Mon 20-Jul-15 19:07:32

Competitive relaxing grin

Describes it perfectly.

code Mon 20-Jul-15 19:57:24

Hilarious. Strange critters cats

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now