Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ulcers/sores on local cat

(6 Posts)
acatcalledjohn Wed 15-Jul-15 10:26:17

This little cat ran up to me this morning. He's got 4 sores like the one on the photo, located on his hip near his tail, one in his shoulder, and one either side of his body. All in all, the full bald patch is close to 1 inch in diameter, the sore itself is a bit smaller. The RSPCA won't do anything without knowing more, so have told my DP who will keep an eye out for it so he can catch it and take it to a vet (I can't, am off on a work trip abroad).

Thing is, I am worried it might be ringworm, and I don't want this to be transferred to our two cats. Anyone recognise what it could be?

chockbic Wed 15-Jul-15 10:29:11

Looks like ringworm to me.

You'll need anti fungals from a vet.

acatcalledjohn Wed 15-Jul-15 10:36:43

Bugger. Gloves and long sleeves then for DP. Poor little thing should not be outside in his state.

Alfieisnoisy Wed 15-Jul-15 10:37:06

Could be ringworm but could also be a fjea allergy. My cat had lots of them when I found her abandoned. She is now a plump little kitty with no sores. It was a severe flea allergy but I also wormed her.
All sores cleared within weeks.

googoodolly Wed 15-Jul-15 11:30:54

I second a flea allergy. Ours is allergic and before she was diagnosed she was covered in patches like that. She's treated regularly now and her coat is fine.

badRoly Wed 15-Jul-15 11:35:03

It could be a different allergy - one of mine occasionally gets sores like that despite being flea free. The vet mentioned that grass allergy is common too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now