Talk

Advanced search

Stalker cats

(5 Posts)
SecretSquirrels Mon 13-Jul-15 13:57:28

Squirrelcat is being stalked.
Big Ginger from across the road and Fluffy White come round and wait for him outside the door. He peers out of his cat flap window as if waiting for them to go away.
Recently BG has been sneaking in and eating his food. They can't get through the cat flap because it's a micro chip, but wo betide me if I leave a door or window open.

cozietoesie Mon 13-Jul-15 14:54:30

I think you've got to get the window and door thing licked, Squirrel - even though it's summer. I have a feeling you can buy window screens and some other posters may be able to comment there. The doors are more problematic so I'd either be going for eternal vigilance or a water squoosher. (I think I'd be going for a water spray in any case, just to get your house below the Dreadful Duo's radar.)

How is Squirrelcat reacting to this attention? Any spraying or antsy behaviour?

RubbishMantra Mon 13-Jul-15 15:15:38

Poor squirrel cat!

You need some Flat Cats, I use them in my upstairs windows.

SecretSquirrels Mon 13-Jul-15 15:31:56

It's a pain not being able to leave doors open when you just pop outside.
Windows not so much of a problem but BG has squeezed in the kitchen window a few times. Upstairs leads to the roof so I only open them a chink otherwise Squirrelcat comes in to greet me at stupid o'clock in the morning.

grin at those flat cats. DH would like them for fly protection.
I can't say I've noticed any change in behaviour, though I'm careful to wash the bowls if BG eats from them.
DH has suggested a water pistol. Will that put them off?

cozietoesie Mon 13-Jul-15 15:39:24

Water doesn't harm them but they just hate being wet - so Yes, a water pistol would probably help.

I used to have a fairly cheap pressurized plant sprayer which - when pumped up - could send a jet about 10-12 ft plus and it quickly got to the stage where all I would need to do was start the pumping up noise and the stage would vacate fast. (Best not to do it when there are youngsters around though - it could send some very mixed messages indeed and might lead to 'intemperate' behaviour on their part.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now