Talk

Advanced search

Anybody want a "Minion of Darkness"?

(20 Posts)
QuietTiger Fri 10-Jul-15 20:39:41

This littler horror (Yes, Trevor, I am looking at you!) has just trashed my lounge by chasing my Border Collie. He's a delightful "minion of darkness" and takes his "hooligan kitten" duties very seriously.

So far he has fallen in the toilet, knocked over the lamp, fallen in the bath, climbed up the curtains, got stuck under the sofa, climbed into the fridge when the door was open, almost capsized the TV... I could go on.

And the problem is, he just looks at me with his gorgeous green eyes as if butter wouldn't melt. grin

My other cats are appalled at him. They are all rather stately types who are older, rather than younger. Is he particularly naughty, or have I just forgotten how wild kittens can be? his brother is equally as clumsy

cozietoesie Fri 10-Jul-15 20:56:25

You've forgotten!

Haven't you got one item that he could redeem himself through by destroying? (I'm thinking awful presents which are sitting in the cupboard - but use your imagination. wink)

Wolfiefan Fri 10-Jul-15 20:59:40

Incorrect thread title. Humans are minions. Cats are lords of all they survey!
grin

HemanOrSheRa Fri 10-Jul-15 21:08:01

Aw. Trevor is a cutie. He has a brother, you say? Pics? Or is his otherwise engaged in naughtiness? grin

I love that your older cats are appalled by his behaviour. My cat gives my dog that feline look of distain and disbelief several times a day. It's hilarious!

QuietTiger Fri 10-Jul-15 21:22:21

His brother has cerebellar hypoplasia (he's a wobbly kitten) and pictures are challenging at best! Duncan is a short haired black and white tuxedo with very smart white paws and white nose. They were born here to a pregnant foster cat that I was looking after for my local rescue. Duncan (the wobbly) couldn't be rehomed, so I kept him and his brother, Trevor, to keep him company.

DH and I are used to the stateliness of older cats. 2 kittens running around upstairs is like living with a herd of wildebeasts on the rampage!

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 10-Jul-15 21:34:33

Have you got a gas fire? all naked flames are banned in our house now because the cat sniffs them. It's not normal and I'm not convinced the rspca would believe me if he immolated.

He is so adorable though. Really hard to be cross when they are so cute and little. bet he loves you most too.

HemanOrSheRa Fri 10-Jul-15 21:44:45

Oh bless him. My girl is a B&W and is the best smile. I really want another fur baby (or two) now envy!

Madratlady Fri 10-Jul-15 22:00:11

Dh has sworn we're never having another young kitten after our latest cat's craziness. I can only assume he already forgot what older boycat was like as a kitten.

BigcatLittlecat Fri 10-Jul-15 22:44:58

The lady of the house i.e. the mad kitten has decided that she doesn't like the wallpaper in the hall and is helpfully stripping it off for us! So thoughtful about our needs! grin Looks fantastic too! wink

RubbishMantra Fri 10-Jul-15 23:00:53

And kittens think they have the God-given right to stand in and lick whatever you're eating. Just for investigative purposes of course.

Also they simply must have 3/4 of the bed, so they can stretch out. Surely cats are made of the same stuff as Stretch Armstrong?

HemanOrSheRa Fri 10-Jul-15 23:35:29

And sleep on your head Mantra, don't forget that. My cat and dog thunder up and down the hallway together. At 3am. The most excellent fun hmm.

RubbishMantra Sat 11-Jul-15 00:15:06

Oh yes SheRa. I reckon they do the head wrapping thing because a poached brain makes us more biddable to our Cat Masters.

BettyCatKitten Sat 11-Jul-15 00:19:21

Op, he is beyond cute smile
Our black Tom was nicknamed asbo for similar transgressions when he was a kitten. Great names btw grin

googoodolly Sat 11-Jul-15 07:11:55

Aww, he's gorgeous! I really want a black kitten but DP has banned me from becoming a crazy cat lady drawn the line at two!

Ours were a nightmare when they were small though. But, they're two and a half now and I did catch the tom climbing our mesh screens over the windows - yes, he got stuck grin

code Sat 11-Jul-15 08:07:58

Kittens are a nightmare, they are made cute so we forgive them. He looks full of character. I'd never had a kitten so had a shock with our two, herd of elephants indeed. They are a delight now they're almost a year, have almost forgotten about the wanton behaviour <we don't talk about the shredded sofa>.

QuietTiger Sat 11-Jul-15 08:54:56

The funniest thing with this little lad is when he poofs himself into halloween cat mode and chases the other cats. My "Matriarch" cat who is a complete miserable witch, but I love her was sat at the end of the landing this morning while he bounced up to her sideways, all poofed out and she just hissed at him (she knows real sailor language) pinned him down with her paw, and hissed at him again.

DH and I were crying with laughter. Trevor got up, shook himself and bounced off in the other direction! The telling off was like water off a ducks back. My older cat walked off in a disgruntled huff! Yes, he is definitely a minion of darkness.

And I justified keeping him to DH by saying that he belonged to 6 month old DD! grin

cozietoesie Sat 11-Jul-15 10:16:21

It won't necessarily be water off a duck's back. She's made her point without hurting him so it's up to him now - if he doesn't mind, she'll do it again more forcefully. That sounds pretty positive, really - she's treating him as a mother cat likely would.

smile

Madratlady Sat 11-Jul-15 10:22:56

Girlcat often hisses and swipes at our kitten just in case he's thinking of doing something annoying. Sometimes she even walks off and then comes back and hisses again to make sure he understood.

HemanOrSheRa Sat 11-Jul-15 10:25:52

grin Mantra Poached Brains grin. Madam fried mine when she went missing for months and had to be rescued from a flat by the Police.

Pangurban Wed 15-Jul-15 13:24:22

What are you trying to do to people posting a picture of such a gorgeous kitten? And his name is Trevor.

You have to post a picture of his brother or we don't believe he has one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now