Talk

Advanced search

What flea treatment for 3 1/2 mths kitten

(4 Posts)
Rosa Fri 10-Jul-15 17:07:41

Hi, you helped with her pooing in the wrong place ( and it worked). We put the flea stuff on 10 days ago that the vet gave and it should be repeated in a month. It hasn't worked as I have found a flea on her. I can't remember the name but I think it was a purple top and we had to put 2 drops behind her neck. What should I get? She does go out in the garden , parents live in the countryside and her fur is quite thick already!!!!

RubbishMantra Fri 10-Jul-15 18:32:43

Firstly, I'd ring the vet and find out what flea treatment they sold you. Frontline is pretty much ineffective. Advantage and Advocate work well for mine. Thing is, it's dangerous to overload her with too many flea treatments in a short space of time, as it can overdose. Ask vet's advice about this too.

I'd also recommend treating the house with Indorex.

Fleas will still jump on her, but will soon die off after contact after application of a decent flea treatment.

Rosa Fri 10-Jul-15 20:37:25

Ok thanks it was Stronghold.... Will call them on Monday as one was crawling round on her earlier...couldn't catch it as she wanted to play!!!

googoodolly Sat 11-Jul-15 07:14:14

I wouldn't be letting her out if she's not neutered, you could end up in all kinds of problems!

Our vet recommended one with Fibronil in it - we use Bob Martin's but not all of their flea treatment contains Fibronil, so you need to read the ingredients.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now