Talk

Advanced search

This is NOT my cat

(51 Posts)
Hurr1cane Wed 08-Jul-15 19:10:41

But he keeps coming in stealing all the very expensive cat food!

cozietoesie Wed 08-Jul-15 19:20:44

What an adorably cheeky face!

(A microchip cat flap is needed.)

Hurr1cane Wed 08-Jul-15 19:21:57

My cats won't wear collars though sad

Hurr1cane Wed 08-Jul-15 19:23:08

I might not even mind if the ate the food nicely, but he spreads it all over the kitchen floor! I was wondering why my lot were suddenly being so messy but now I know the truth!

SoupDragon Wed 08-Jul-15 19:23:21

Microchips aren't on collars, they are in the cat's scruff.

Hurr1cane Wed 08-Jul-15 19:27:37

Oh do they work on their actual microchips? How does that work? I haven't heard of them, my cats are all chipped

Mimigolightly Wed 08-Jul-15 19:28:51

He's very lovely.

cozietoesie Wed 08-Jul-15 19:30:43

Sureflap is the one used by most posters, Hurr1cane. Apologies for the busyness of their website but have a read all the same. (Shop around if you want to buy one though.)

Hurr1cane Wed 08-Jul-15 19:31:34

He is lovely, and also the spitting image of one of my girls, which is why he's been getting away with it for so long, I wondered why tabby girl was always bolting through the cat flap terrified when I came downstairs, then once she legged it through the cat flap, while lying on the stairs at the same time, then the penny dropped grin

Hurr1cane Wed 08-Jul-15 19:31:56

Thanks! I'll have a look now.

cozietoesie Wed 08-Jul-15 19:35:27

Remember - he may not be the only one who's availing themselves of your hospitality. You could be the neighbourhood Cat Party Central for all you know!

grin

HemanOrSheRa Wed 08-Jul-15 19:37:08

Ah no, see. That's where you are mistaken. He is your cat until he decides otherwise.

TheMshipIsBack Wed 08-Jul-15 19:37:45

I second the Sureflap recommendation. Have used one for 5 years, changed the batteries once, and we never have other cats in the house. I like it so much that when DH's parents move in to our house this fall and we move one street over to a slightly larger version, we're going to get the glazier who installed it to swap the glass where it's embedded from the door in this house to the door in the new house. DFIL and DMIL have an enormous dog, they won't need it grin

Hurr1cane Wed 08-Jul-15 19:38:03

Most cats are scared of my massive ragdoll boy, he's very protective of his territory, but I think he's too stupid to realise that this one isn't his sister hmm grin

Hurr1cane Wed 08-Jul-15 19:39:51

Does it work on more than 2 cats? I may have 4....

cozietoesie Wed 08-Jul-15 19:41:19

32 cats as far as I know. smile

LettuceLaughton Wed 08-Jul-15 19:42:11

IIRC the microcip flaps can accept up to 12 cats, or some such crazy number.

Hurr1cane Wed 08-Jul-15 19:56:02

Thanks. Definitely something to save up for!

cozietoesie Wed 08-Jul-15 20:02:21

Yes - unfortunately, they're not cheap although you can often achieve a better deal on some of the big websites. I suspect that for some owners, the security issue is well worth it though - you're just having food eaten but there are plenty of people also with traumatised cats and having to treat walls which have been sprayed on.

This is not MY cat... on my sofa having a nap and a cuddle with DS2 :D
Dukewhoisnotmycat comes in regularly. Cats are cheeky sods!

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 08-Jul-15 21:16:39

But what if he is a stray and your food is keeping him alive? what then?.

code Wed 08-Jul-15 21:18:55

That pic is brilliant medusa look how relaxed he is. What do your other cats think?

cozietoesie Wed 08-Jul-15 21:18:55

There's a thing - although I have my doubts that a stray would play with their food and not eat it.

Obie loves him... (he is also buddies with another boy down the road!) Ophie sniffs at him suspiciously and sometimes chases him out, and Portia just looks at him with a 'oh God not another one' and ignores him!

He's bold as brass and much cuddlier than any of mine! His owners are the ones who go off every weekend leaving them alone, so we can't help but let him in :D

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 08-Jul-15 21:33:50

He looks silver tabby in that photo. Maybe a bit moggy too because I dont think st are meant to have white bits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now