Talk

Advanced search

Baby sounds for preparing cats

(4 Posts)
sianihedgehog Fri 03-Jul-15 17:38:32

Hi all, I'm expecting my first baby in around a month and would like to prepare the cats as much as possible. I've been trying to find some sort of really long recording of typical baby noises that I could just leave playing to get them used to crying, not quite crying, gurgling, and just general baby sounds and not having much luck. The best I seem to be able to find is six minutes of a baby crying, and I can't really bring myself to play it over and over again. Anyone got any ideas? Do you think it's actually worth trying to do this to prepare the cats? Should I just man the fuck up and play the baby crying sound at least once a day or something?

eltsihT Fri 03-Jul-15 17:42:41

I had all the baby stuff set up with balloons in it/on it and shooed the cats away when they went near. One did jump into the cot and got the fright of their life as they landed on the balloons. My two boys and cats are great friends now

LetThereBeCupcakes Fri 03-Jul-15 17:45:44

I think the book ' how to tell your dog you're pregnant comes with a cd. Or digital download for the kindle version

MagpieCursedTea Fri 03-Jul-15 17:54:32

I played stuff from YouTube. The cats ignored it. They were fine when DS was a newborn. We gave them plenty of treats and cuddles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now