Talk

Advanced search

kitten poo in the living room

(5 Posts)
whyhasmyheadgonenumb Wed 01-Jul-15 14:58:42

Had my gorgeous 2 kittens for just over a week, they were just farm cats and the lady i got them off said they lived in the barn in a run and weren't litter trained. Considering that they have done amazingly and until yesterday had done all their business in a litter tray.
Last night I was tidying up a bit and noticed that there was cat poo under the table in the living room and then again just. I've cleared it all up but I'm just a bit concerned about it, I did worm them on Sunday. ...could it be that?

Another issue I hadn't considered was that I've only got one, large litter tray for them to share which was fine but maybe now one of them has decided they aren't going to share anymore and prefers the carpet? I know cays like to be clean. Should I get another litter Tray?

Apart from this issue they are fab smile smitten with kittens!

Thanks

whyhasmyheadgonenumb Wed 01-Jul-15 15:00:15

And whilst I'm here, what's the best product to use to make sure it's sanitised properly and deter them from pooing in the same place?

tabulahrasa Wed 01-Jul-15 15:09:25

The rule of thumb is a tray for each cat and a spare one...because yes they do often want their own space.

If you use biological soap for washing clothes clean it up with that, it gets rid of the scents that only they can smell as well.

whyhasmyheadgonenumb Wed 01-Jul-15 15:24:40

Thank you that's great advice.

Should I put a litter tray under the table when I'm not around (just night time really) as that's where one is pooing or is that just encouraging them?

cozietoesie Wed 01-Jul-15 15:58:49

I'd put at least one extra tray down all the time. (One may not even like to pee in the same spot as the other one so you need to cater for 24 hours I'm afraid.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now