Talk

Advanced search

Found a lump on cat's back

(5 Posts)
RibbonJar Tue 30-Jun-15 19:40:47

I found a lump on my cat's back last night. It's about 2 inches below her shoulder blades and is about the size of a 2p. She had her annual check up and vaccinations last week and the vet commented that she had lost half a kilo since last year. I put this down to us having changed her food from canned food to Canagan. However, I think she has lost even more weight in the past week and her sides look quite sunken in now although her appetite hasn't altered.

She doesn't seem distressed or ill but doesn't like the lump being touched. I can't see any signs of injury or inflammation where the lump is.

We have got an appointment for her tomorrow afternoon but wondered if anyone had any experience of this or any ideas what it might be.

RubbishMantra Tue 30-Jun-15 23:46:27

MCat got a lump a couple of years ago after his jabs, as the site of the injection. Could be that? (but injections usually higher up, around scruff)

cozietoesie Wed 01-Jul-15 13:58:35

I'd be guessing that also - I've seen the vet give a cat a shot in roughly that position.

Let us know how she gets on this afternoon. smile

RibbonJar Wed 01-Jul-15 18:46:37

Thank you for your replies. You were both spot on! The vet thinks it is from her injection last week so just got to keep an eye on it. She hasn't lost any more weight so just my imagination there grin

cozietoesie Wed 01-Jul-15 20:34:57

I'm very glad.

The apparent loss of weight might not be entirely your imagination in that sometimes (just very occasionally - for her, it may never happen again in her life) cats can become 'out of sorts' just after a vaccination and, in my own experience, their coat can look a bit ruffled and starey - which can attract an owner's attention to them.

Sounds positive anyway so let us know how she is in a while. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now