Talk

Advanced search

Help with Rescue Cat's Vacc Record please, the cattery will need it.

(10 Posts)
midnightvelvetPart2 Mon 29-Jun-15 12:16:36

I rescued my cat last year & I have her vaccination record, we are going on holiday in August so she's going to a cattery for a week & I have a couple of questions please.

The name on the vacc record is different to her name, as we changed her name once she came home with us. Do I need to cross it out & rewrite her new name or does it not matter?

The rescue said her last annual vaccs were October last year, on her vaccs record is says Felv only. Do I need to nip into the vets to make sure she's up to date before cattery time or does that sound OK?

Thanks for any replies smile

thecatneuterer Mon 29-Jun-15 12:31:35

That sounds OK. I think the Felv only means it wasn't the leukaemia vaccine - just the standard one. Normally they put the chip number on the vaccine card so the name shouldn't matter.

midnightvelvetPart2 Mon 29-Jun-15 13:03:22

Thanks TCN smile

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 29-Jun-15 15:51:44

I am going to disagree with TCN if the record says FeLV only I would take that as having only been vaccinated against FeLV and no given any Flu and enteritis cover.
Is there a brand sticker on the card what does that say?
If in doubt take the card into the vets they will look at it and tell you what you need.

midnightvelvetPart2 Mon 29-Jun-15 16:27:37

Thanks Lone, I took it into the vets after school & they seemed happy with it smile

thecatneuterer Mon 29-Jun-15 16:42:32

Lone I didn't realise there were any vaccines that didn't include flu and enteritis. Why wouldn't they be vaccinated against enteritis? Surely that's the most dangerous and the most easily protected against (as you only need the one vaccine.

CocaKoala Mon 29-Jun-15 16:51:18

Sorry to hijack but at what age can kits have their jabs? I should know because of my other two but I seem to be at a memory blank. Kitty is 7 weeks.

thecatneuterer Mon 29-Jun-15 17:01:08

CocaKoala - at 9 weeks.

And Lone, of course Felv is the leukaemia one isn't it? I had a bit of a dense moment there. But do they ever just vaccinate against that and nothing else?

CocaKoala Mon 29-Jun-15 18:07:04

Thanks TCN smile

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 29-Jun-15 18:18:34

FeLV is leukaemia yes. Yes you can give FeLV by itself. There are instances where FeLV is given without flu and enteritis, there are several different reasons why you might do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now