So, what's her name?

(27 Posts)
mrstiggy Tue 23-Jun-15 22:07:11

Hello. We have a new kitten. It's a ginger girl. I can't think of a name and the only option the kids have found is 'twinkle toes' and 'pink'. Neither of which I want to shout out of the back door. grin
I'm trying to find a few suggestions to feed the kids. So far I can only think of Daisy and Matilda. Anyone else got any more?

PrettyPirate Tue 23-Jun-15 22:24:44

Here's another thread going with lots of lovely suggestions for girl kitten, I love Jemima and Martha from there. Or are you looking for more 'cat' name rather 'human' name? We've got Mittens and I absolutely love that name.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 23-Jun-15 22:25:59

Oh bless her, she looks a bit scared there. Do you have any unused baby names?.

Georgie is my favourite name.

PrettyPirate Tue 23-Jun-15 22:26:27

And I would love to shout Beastie out of back door!grin

FizzyGood Tue 23-Jun-15 22:26:53

Pickle.

MoonlightandMusic Tue 23-Jun-15 22:42:39

Lady Marmalade? Could have a few nicknames then.

She is v.v. cute!

StayGoldPonyBoy Tue 23-Jun-15 22:45:45

I second Lady Marmalade! Or Delilah.

DD named the new puppy 'Toothpaste' which we have to shout in the park. We promised she could pick a name and she is adamant that's it now forever. It strangely suits him though!

FuzzyWizard Tue 23-Jun-15 22:46:16

Mabel?
Olive?

MrsLeighHalfpenny Tue 23-Jun-15 22:48:07

Tigerlily.
Mary
Ginger
Clementine
Roxy

BualadhBos Tue 23-Jun-15 22:48:52

Doris

LMGTFY Tue 23-Jun-15 22:49:06

Scout.

mrstiggy Tue 23-Jun-15 23:10:39

She was a bit scared there bless her. That was taken literally minutes after she arrived. She's all over the place exploring now, she's a very mischievous character who likes to give you an innocent look when told to get down. I can see her being a handful. grin
I do think I prefer people names to cat names. I really love scout but a girl at dd's nursery has that name, don't want them to think we copied it. I like quite a few of those names thanks everyone, I shall suggest them to the kids tomorrow in the hope we stray away from twinkle toes!

sashh Wed 24-Jun-15 07:26:35

Blue. In parts of Oz and NZ ginger people are called 'blue'.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 24-Jun-15 22:13:37

Is she settling in?

PrettyPirate Thu 25-Jun-15 16:12:42

How is she doing now? Have you decided on the name yet?

We actually HAD a cat called Twinkle Toes smile
It was an ace name.. I loved hearing my mum calling him in!!!

Mine all have posh Shakespearian names however grin

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 25-Jun-15 18:11:19

I feel I need to know if there are any other pets, to see if a theme can be established.

Madamacadamia Thu 25-Jun-15 18:12:36

Ginny (short for Ginger).

6cats3gingerkittens Thu 25-Jun-15 19:10:10

My ginger girl is called Lady Isabella or Izzy. Your littley is beautiful.

PaigeMahoney Thu 25-Jun-15 19:17:25

DD says fudge. DH muttered trouble. I reckon lady marmalade is a winner. Have you decided yet OP? Any more pics?

Pipbin Thu 25-Jun-15 19:19:20

There was a couple on the TV last night with a cat called Evelyn. That's a splendid name for a cat.

Sleepybeanbump Thu 25-Jun-15 19:22:09

I was going to call one of my cats Matilda, but then when we got them (Rescue cats) their existing names sort of stuck.

I like Matilda. I also know a red headed little girl with that name, so for me it fits.

sashh Fri 26-Jun-15 09:28:42

I re-homed a foster cat called Hermione who went to live with a ginger cat called Weasley. If you went down the HP route she could be a Molly or a Ginny.

mrstiggy Sat 27-Jun-15 20:04:23

Hello! Sorry, I've been around, just forgot to check my thread! blush
She's settling in great. Not scared now, is a impish little begger as I suspected, but pretty loving when she's in the mood too. The kids seem to think Daisy is now the name in favour. I'm still not convinced it suits her though, I keep forgetting it for a start! grin Maybe it will settle on her.
Other pets, for background, are Ruby and Pink the guinea pigs and Finley, Rainbow Rose and Pink the fish. (Pink the fish and Pink the guinea pig both belong to the same child oddly enough. She's not very original!)
It's impossible to get a proper pic of her whilst she's having a funny half hour but I'm trying!

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sat 27-Jun-15 20:25:21

She is very lovely. If you are going with the theme, you have lots of colours involved in other pets names, and a PP suggested Ginny short for ginger. You like human names OP....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now