Talk

Advanced search

Smelly cat bum. [sad]

(8 Posts)
RubbishMantra Mon 22-Jun-15 17:34:17

Is it anal glands do you think? MCat sat on my bare legs, did a few circles, as he does, in order to trap his tail so he can suckle on it, like a child sucking their thumb. I then noticed a Big Smell, we made eye contact, he looked embarrassed, and ran away and began to fastidiously wash his pink ring.

I had to get in the shower to remove the stink off my legs. it was that bad. There was no visual evidence of sharting, so does he need his anal glands emptying do you think?

cozietoesie Mon 22-Jun-15 17:41:39

I reckon. Sorry.

chockbic Mon 22-Jun-15 17:42:28

Was there any leakage?

Myfoofneedspruning Mon 22-Jun-15 17:42:52

I feel for you...do you have gloves around ?

code Mon 22-Jun-15 21:31:49

Oh the glamour of our lives. One of my boys did this when he was young- never happened again <touches wood>. Was atrocious even DH was shocked.

cozietoesie Mon 22-Jun-15 21:53:43

Musing here - I woder if that could have been the reason for Little Monsieur's antsy behaviour? I mean if you could smell it, what must it have been like for him?

RubbishMantra Mon 22-Jun-15 22:39:11

Well, you know, it did cross my mind that LM's behaviour may be linked to MCat's unpleasantly savoury bum odour. Was a bit like Marmite.

No leakage as far as I could see, so not a shart. But the experience has left me wondering if cats are related to skunks.

<eyes latex gloves, but decides to leave this malady to the vet>

cozietoesie Mon 22-Jun-15 22:42:12

I actually had to look up 'sharting'. Every day is a school day. grin

Good luck. (I'd leave it to the vet also.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now