Talk

Advanced search

When did the requirements for cat to have a passport etc to travel to Ireland happen?

(9 Posts)
batteredlanger Mon 22-Jun-15 07:02:19

I'm feeling a bit stupid as I was at the vets last week to sort out our flea problem and it turns out our cat needs his rabies jab and microchip ping and passport for our move to Ireland next month (outs self). So I've left it a rather late, but more annoyingly the vets seem to think I have broken the rules already, as he is an Irish cat that I brought here 2 years ago and I'm sure I checked and there were no such requirements at the time? We're there?

batteredlanger Mon 22-Jun-15 07:03:36

Were there. Sorry loads of typos. Hate phone.

LadyOrangutan Mon 22-Jun-15 07:03:38

They changed about Summer 2013 so you may have caught the tail end of it being okay

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 22-Jun-15 07:05:23

The change occurred in January 2012, but was not enforced till summer 2013.

LadyOrangutan Mon 22-Jun-15 07:08:36

Ah, thanks for the clarification LoneKitten. I was wondering how I brought my dog to Dublin and back at Easter 2013 with no requirements!

LadyOrangutan Mon 22-Jun-15 07:09:14

LoneCatWithKitten (apologies for the incorrect name!)

batteredlanger Mon 22-Jun-15 07:20:18

Oh good so I didn't do anything wrong! now I just have to brace myself for the bill. Actually now I'm here is there anything else I need to do? Does he need his own ferry ticket now too?!

LadyOrangutan Mon 22-Jun-15 08:06:56

Nope, doesn't need his own ticket! grin You just need to let the ferry know that he is coming with you.

batteredlanger Mon 22-Jun-15 08:09:28

Thank you everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now