Talk

Advanced search

Cat heart murmur - is it serious?

(5 Posts)
Bonbonchance Thu 18-Jun-15 17:40:56

Cat had yearly check up yesterday, she's put on a bit of weight which she has before & we got it down without much difficulty, not too worried about that. Vet said she could hear a really faint murmur on one side of her heart, she didn't seem too worried, said that it possibly hadn't been picked up before & could be due to being stressed/weight gain, & that she'd check again in about 6 weeks at a weight check. She didn't seem concerned & I was just a bit surprised so didn't ask about it, googling seems to suggest it's not a huge problem? She's 8, indoors mostly & perfect health otherwise.

Dansak Thu 18-Jun-15 17:47:10

My cat had one and had no problems, he lived until a ripe old age and died of something unrelated. Don't worry, it is quite common.

cozietoesie Thu 18-Jun-15 19:39:06

Seniorboy has a slight heart murmur - identified by his vet before his big dental GA when he was 16. He's now over 20.

I'd be guided by your vet on this one. She's not worried?

smile

cozietoesie Thu 18-Jun-15 19:42:46

PS - but good that you arrested the excess avoirdupois. smile

Bonbonchance Thu 18-Jun-15 21:53:10

Ok no she didn't seem too worried but I was concerned she was downplaying it then in 6 weeks it'll actually be something. Phew! Yes back on the diet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now