Talk

Advanced search

Missing Cat Returned... What Now?

(16 Posts)
OkyDoke Thu 18-Jun-15 07:06:28

Hello,
As title suggests, our cat went missing on Monday evening and didn't return til Wednesday evening. He was sat on the couch when I got home from work.

He is looking worst for wear - very skinny, covered in something sticky and smelly, exhausted and limping a little. Overnight he has not eaten or drunk very much at all and has not been in the litter tray.

Time for the vets? Thank you.

Sparklingbrook Thu 18-Jun-15 07:08:54

Yep, off to the vets from that description.

FenellaFellorick Thu 18-Jun-15 07:09:41

yes.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 18-Jun-15 08:01:54

Oh dear, yes he needs the vet. Can you use a damp flannel to clean him?.

cozietoesie Thu 18-Jun-15 08:19:43

Yes- in the circumstances, vets - if only to check him out. (The limping would make me edgy if nothing else.)

Good luck to him and let us know how he does. smile

OkyDoke Thu 18-Jun-15 08:39:50

Thanks everyone!

Have bathed him with cotton wool and cooled boiled water so he is a bit cleaner. Am at work now, but we have cat sitters in at two hourly intervals and they have instructions to change water, offer more food etc. when they go. Fiancé is leaving work early to take him to the vet this afternoon!

Will update later.

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Thu 18-Jun-15 08:42:07

Poor Okycat. Hope he's ok.

OkyDoke Thu 18-Jun-15 15:18:09

Cat has been to the vet and apparently has an ulcer on his tongue - it wasn't dirt on his coat, it was pus etc sad Also explains why he hasn't been eating etc. Will be staying at the vets for the next two to three days on a drip, but hopefully he will make a full recovery!

cozietoesie Thu 18-Jun-15 15:22:27

Oh My - Thank Goodness you got him in. Is there any explanation for it? (I'm wondering about possible connections with his going missing.)

All the best to him.

RubbishMantra Thu 18-Jun-15 15:33:21

Ask your vet to run tests for FHV and FCV while he's there. They're the most common causes of ulcers in cats' mouths.

Possibly he began to feel unwell whilst out on a jaunt, then did what cats do, ie. hole up somewhere to reserve energy. Perhaps a nice cat person gave him a bit of grub and water, then feeling a tad better, he made his way home? I'd keep him in for the next few weeks, until he's fully recovered from his ulcer.

Glad that you and puss are reunited. smile

cozietoesie Thu 18-Jun-15 15:46:09

I was actually also thinking of him feeling unwell and holing up, Mantra exceot that I had him deciding to make a last desperate run for his home - hence the exhaustion when he returned. (It's probably best if I never wrote screenplays. wink)

Sparklingbrook Thu 18-Jun-15 17:51:31

Poor Okycat. Hope he makes a swift recovery.

OkyDoke Sat 20-Jun-15 17:14:27

Well he's back! Only one night in vets as he responded well. Still looking scruffy and tired but he's home with a bit of medication. Very happy to have him back and looking forward to him recovering completely! Thank you everyone smile

BettyCatKitten Sat 20-Jun-15 17:21:05

I'm glad Okycat is recovering well smile

timtam23 Sat 20-Jun-15 18:12:59

That's good news smile

cozietoesie Sat 20-Jun-15 18:23:27

Good. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now