Any tips on stopping NewKitten from chewing wires. NewKitten hasn't chosen us yet so this is still Future NewKitten

(6 Posts)
sparkysparkysparky Tue 16-Jun-15 17:03:03

Will be getting NewKitten after summer hols but trying to kid myself I can plan in advance. My lovely old girl died in March and she was fond of plastic bags (the pica thing) but not wires. Apart from the obvious "have no wires" I wondered if there was any safe product to wipe on the wires should NewKitten turn out to be a wire loving kitten .

chockbic Thu 18-Jun-15 12:31:40

Ours was never a big chewer of wires. Except for a phase during teething, I think.

We got him a gummy bone for puppies. It's blue with nobbles on. Seemed to enjoy chewing that.

Also sprinkled a bit of eucalyptus oil on any wire, he took a fancy to.

code Thu 18-Jun-15 13:24:57

I tied all the wires together and hid them behind things. You can get covers for wires from b&q, Homebase etc too.

googoodolly Thu 18-Jun-15 13:32:54

The best way is just to hide wires out of the way, or get wire covers - you can get them cheaply from Wilko's or Homebase. Mine chews wires and I've lost several pairs of headphones to his habit!

RubbishMantra Thu 18-Jun-15 16:03:27

Mine wasn't a wire chewer either, but I got him a Wiggly Worm for when he was teething. He was quite the drama queen, standing up on his back legs, poking his tongue out as far as he could, then frantically pawing at his mouth in an alarming fashion.

sparkysparkysparky Thu 18-Jun-15 16:12:29

Thank you all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now