Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Obie..after the vets..

(9 Posts)

You can see why I'm not pleased!
Because he gets so matted and is VERY naughty about being groomed we asked them to clipper him.. instead they dematted him (two days later..and look.. he's just been sitting in a flower bed in the rain ...looks a mess already!) and shaved a large chunk. Ophie keeps coming up and sniffing his bald area!

So he looks awful and even though I have groomed him twice already his weird kinky underside fur is knotting sad

Walnutpie Sat 13-Jun-15 10:58:39

Good grief. What a very .....minimal skill they must have had!

He stil is completely wonderful, though! grin

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 13-Jun-15 11:08:23

Good grief, they charged £100 for that? no wonder you're pissed off.

Looks like a spay shave from 30 years ago. What where they thinking? how is that going to help him?.

cozietoesie Sat 13-Jun-15 11:32:00

Oh Dear - it would be very difficult indeed to be a neighbourhood Style Icon with that.

Who at the vets actually did the clipping?

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 13-Jun-15 13:01:04

Is what you really wanted a lion clip, so head, legs and tail left hairy body almost completely naked. I think if you requested a body shave and got a dematt you can complain and request a repeat.

chockbic Sat 13-Jun-15 13:11:15

Can you use some kind of detangling spray on his fur?

RubbishMantra Sat 13-Jun-15 14:58:59

Yes, I've seen detangling spray at Pets At Home. It has very similar packaging to TiGi Bedhead.

At least his bald patch will serve to keep him cool? <looking on the bright side>

YouveCatToBeKittenMe Sat 13-Jun-15 15:10:51

In defence of the vets they are not groomers and will usually just clip the mats out. As the blades used are for surgical clipping it means that the clipped area will be really short. However they should have warned you that there would be large bald patches if big mats were found.
The only other way is to ask them to sedate him and brush them out but even then there may be some that are too dense and need to be clipped.

SilverNightFairy Sat 13-Jun-15 15:13:25

Oh my! Perhaps he can tell his friends it's the new reverse Mohawk style? He truly is gorgeous though..love ginger kitties..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now