Talk

Advanced search

Cat not herself today

(22 Posts)
hugoagogo Thu 11-Jun-15 09:16:04

She had her annual boosters on Tue, this morning she seems reluctant to jump up, very slow moving and quite vocal. She wouldn't go out her flap, but cried to be let out.sad

Could the immunisations be making her feel rough? She hates going to the vet too; poor puss I don't want to have to take her back.

thecatneuterer Thu 11-Jun-15 11:07:38

It would be very unusual, but I suppose not impossible. Is she eating?

I would phone your vet for advice.

hugoagogo Thu 11-Jun-15 11:09:52

She has nibbled a few biscuits, but maybe a bit less than usual.

Oh I really hoped you would say I shouldn't worry.

She is normally such a feisty thing.

cozietoesie Thu 11-Jun-15 11:20:21

How old is she hugo ?

I wouldn't have thought that she would still be under the weather but I suppose it's possible.

hugoagogo Thu 11-Jun-15 13:47:27

2-3 ish she's a rescue so it's a bit vague.

The vet gave her a quick once over on Tuesday and she was declared fit as a fiddle- she has put on a little weight- she's rather runty. And her coat is looking good after a change of diet.

Hmm she has taken to my bed as usual this afternoon, I will keep an eye on her and call the vet if she doesn't perk up.

Wolfiefan Thu 11-Jun-15 13:49:43

Did she have anything other than vaccinations? Ours is quite often sick after worming but she's an old girl.

RubbishMantra Thu 11-Jun-15 13:50:33

Keep her indoors today and give the vet a ring. Does she have any discharge from nose, third eyelid showing, or drooling?

About a week ago, my littlest one suddenly began behaving out of character. Creeping about, belly to the ground and hiding. Really out of character, because he's usually such a rambunctious little fellow. I rang the OOH vet, and he said wait til morning and bring him in if no change. Guess what? He was absolutely himself next morning.

I definitely would give the vet a call though, even if it's just for reassurance.

cozietoesie Thu 11-Jun-15 13:57:24

Still a young cat then. It's just that those symptoms in your OP are among the classic arthritis 'tells' - but she's really too young for that in a serious way I would have thought. I have a vague memory, though, that a rare side effect of vaccines can be a short bout of something which mimics early onset arthritis. (I'll stand to be corrected on that.)

Hopefully, it will clear up and all you need is some TLC and she'll be back to normal shortly. Maybe give the vet a call though to keep them appraised of her condition.

Realistically, is she overweight enough for you to have to take action?

hugoagogo Thu 11-Jun-15 14:09:35

She's not overweight at all- on the skinny side at just over 3kg.

cozietoesie Thu 11-Jun-15 14:12:00

TLC without qualms then. I'd get her a treat meal for tea tonight. smile

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 11-Jun-15 16:30:30

Mine had this one year, he was ok.

hugoagogo Thu 11-Jun-15 16:38:33

That's good to hear fluffy.
Well not good that he was off colour, but that he recovered.smile

cozietoesie Thu 11-Jun-15 16:40:23

Seniorboy doesn't react that well to his boosters - he's usually a bit subdued. I just make allowances for that fact and he's usually fine by the day after that.

hugoagogo Thu 11-Jun-15 17:50:48

She seemed very stiff coming downstairs, so I called the vet and made an appointment for tomorrow.

Poor cat she hates the vet, cries all the way there and cowers pathetically on the table, then cries all the way home.sad

BettyCatKitten Fri 12-Jun-15 09:59:31

How is she?

hugoagogo Fri 12-Jun-15 18:11:33

She seems more active today, so I have cancelled the vet.

Obviously if she isn't completely back to normal next week I will take her.

BettyCatKitten Fri 12-Jun-15 18:25:51

Bless her, I hope she recovers soon.

cozietoesie Fri 12-Jun-15 18:27:56

I'd guess she'll be OK - Good Luck to her anyway. (Has she had taste treats today? smile)

hugoagogo Fri 12-Jun-15 18:36:57

Not yet cause I've been at work, ds has supposedly been looking after her, but I think he's been looking after his iPad more. hmm

I will make sure she has some dreamies later and she has already had one of those little Sheba pouches.

cozietoesie Fri 12-Jun-15 18:56:59

Don't be too hard on him, hugo. Cats who are feeling a bit off-colour often like to be left alone to recover.

(Not that I'd necessarily tell him that though. wink)

hugoagogo Sun 14-Jun-15 13:40:56

She seems completely normal today!

What a weird reaction- I wonder if this is going to happen every year now?

cozietoesie Sun 14-Jun-15 14:16:33

Not necessarily. It might be just how her system was this time - if it was a reaction and not some coincidental fit of the collywobbles.

Glad she seems fine today. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now