Talk

Advanced search

I luffs me bruvver

(45 Posts)
code Fri 05-Jun-15 16:59:49

One isn't happy as next doors cat gave him a whack today after he stalked and cornered the poor thing. But his brother is giving him a cuddle now.

Bedofwool Fri 05-Jun-15 18:29:26

Oh lord that is so sweet. It is lovely when they get on and cuddle. My two, brother and sister used to do that. Now they just avoid each other and take swipes.
Although, the other evening I was detangling girl cat. She was not happy (Maine Coon cross and lots of tangles) there was lots of meows and growls. Boy cat comes running in, chirping and looking very concerned so there must be some sibling love left over smile

code Fri 05-Jun-15 18:33:02

Ah that's so sad. I hope they stay friends but they're still young, not yet a year. They are very close. What age did yours start drifting apart?

Bedofwool Fri 05-Jun-15 19:28:23

They started drifting after they got spayed. So about 4 months. But every cat is different and because they are brothers they may stay friends forever. Hope so because they look so cute together.

code Fri 05-Jun-15 20:51:54

Thanks. I hope so, 10 months in and no spats touch wood. They do everything together and call for each other in the garden. I guess social maturity will be the test.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 05-Jun-15 22:29:14

They look so happy together. Our sibling pair hated each other too.

Gorgeous boys.

fiveacres Fri 05-Jun-15 23:06:26

What gorgeous cats!

Corygal Fri 05-Jun-15 23:11:22

So beautiful emotionally and feline-ly! What stunning kitties you have. I have completely melted. Keep posting new pix.

timtam23 Fri 05-Jun-15 23:38:32

code they are absolutely gorgeous! The colour of their coats! Just beautiful smile

code Sat 06-Jun-15 07:48:57

Thanks everyone! I've attached a garden pic- hard to get one of both of them outside. They are good boys, quite vocal though- I'm always being nagged and told off.

chockbic Sat 06-Jun-15 11:31:06

Lovely garden for them. Do they spend long outside?

code Sat 06-Jun-15 12:38:56

chockbit they get a few hours a day (3 stints) with me or DD loosely supervising. The garden isn't cat proofed (it's too big and difficult <expensive>) so we block the drive and they tend to stay in our and the neighbours gardens either side. Touch wood they come back to check in every 15 mins or so and I call them by beeping their loca8tor collars. They then come in for some cat kibble. I promised the breeder we wouldn't let them out but they were getting stressed and much happier now. So supervised access is my compromise.

Walnutpie Sat 06-Jun-15 12:42:56

They are so beautiful! What a gorgeous pair.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 06-Jun-15 12:43:49

I have garden envy envy . It looks lovely

chockbic Sat 06-Jun-15 15:39:39

It is a manicured wilderness. I'd be out there too.

code Sat 06-Jun-15 16:02:42

Thanks, they love hiding in the undergrowth stalking the flying beasties. Next doors is even better as it's properly overgrown like a mini jungle.

BettyCatKitten Sat 06-Jun-15 16:03:08

Beautiful cats and stunning garden smile

fiveacres Sat 06-Jun-15 16:08:24

Code, I showed my DS your picture and he says your cats are beautiful and wants to know if they are pedigree and where you got them from!

DD shouted CA! (She is 1!)

code Sat 06-Jun-15 17:33:19

Thanks all. Garden has it's not so nice bits too, believe me.

fiveacres they are Burmese, lilac colour (cream/grey mix). Cats are pleased your daughter is learning the most important word smile

code Sat 06-Jun-15 17:34:04

I got them from a breeder I found via the burmese cat club.

fiveacres Sat 06-Jun-15 18:01:18

They are absolutely beautiful! I've only ever had moggies but a family friend growing up had Burmese cats, I think - grey ones. Beautiful looking cats and so friendly!

RubbishMantra Sat 06-Jun-15 18:15:59

Ah, look at him giving his brother a comforting hug!

And yes. I most definitely have The Envy over your garden.

code Sat 06-Jun-15 18:53:59

Thanks, believe me as nice as it is to have hedges all round they are a pain. With all the rain it gets overgrown in a couple of weeks and closes in.

One boy just had a roll around with the neighbours cat, a bit of squealing but they pulled apart without intervening and no injury. For critters with limited facial expressions he does have a right face on him now though.

Corygal Sun 07-Jun-15 12:40:14

Stunning kitties! Garden also most satisfactory! Code, hope your Sunday is peaceful and without further tussles. And that you're spending it in the lovely garden with the lovely kitties.

cozietoesie Sun 07-Jun-15 12:59:29

They're a wonderful couple. I have to admit, though, that if I were a roving cat, I wouldn't like to meet the larger one down a dark alley late one night - is he as combative as he looks or is it mostly show? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now