Talk

Advanced search

Do you something think you'd like to know what the heck they are thinking? (aka inexplicable things your cat does)

(8 Posts)
Moln Thu 04-Jun-15 14:31:49

Sometimes KittyMoln follows me when I leave the house to go somewhere. He follows Ninja style (darting in and out trying to pretend he's not there and dashing off if I approach him)

There's an alleyway off my estate that I don't like the idea of him going down after me as there's a busy road close to the end of it. So I tend to double back and go home and he goes in, I shut door and run like the blazers to get away from being followed again.

Anyway the other day he stopped at the top of the alleyway and didn't follow, just sat there and mega meowed, when I got the end of the alleyway he started bounding down, so I came back down and he swiftly turned and ran away. When I turned out of the alley he was lying there on on the pavement, on his back legs akimbo, saw me, got up walked off and then about two metres down assumed the same position. This went on the whole way to the house.

I mean seriously. What the flaming heck!!!?

It's actually one off the things I love about cats, they are all a bit eccentric!! Anyway care to share their stories?

RubbishMantra Thu 04-Jun-15 18:43:04

My old cat used to do exactly the same, including the shouting down the alley.

She was waiting for us outside a restaurant once, demanding fusses from the customers as they came out.

A weird and wonderful thing MCat does, is to walk around the house mournfully shouting "mrrooowww" into the corners of the room. Why? Can he see something not visible to the human eye?

Little Monsieur will do a sort of mad, capering riverdance on the spot, accompanied by "errr, ungya, unngya!" noise. Then zoom around the house.

Moln Thu 04-Jun-15 21:16:03

Ha!! Haven't quite got to the waiting outside a restaurant yet!!

I can't help but think sometimes they are making fun of us!!

Wordsaremything Sun 07-Jun-15 19:06:18

I have three. All eccentric in different ways. And one of mine has just done exactly what you've described. I think he hates seeing me retreating into the distance, runs to catch up, then gets scared, and sets up this massive howling with people turning round to stare. I always have to go back home and put him in the house - scared he might get run over.

Wordsaremything Sun 07-Jun-15 19:07:57

Actually his howling is that mournful mmmrrrrooowww sound described above. It's unearthly!

hiddenhome Sun 07-Jun-15 20:11:02

Oh, God, yes!

OldCat wakes from her sleep and grabs her Hello Kitty toy then walks around with it yowling very loudly confused

We have to reassure her then she returns to her bed and goes back to sleep. She's done it for donkeys years. I often wonder if she ever had a litter and she thinks it's her kitten.

Moln Wed 10-Jun-15 10:31:23

Yes that's it words it's a real mournful meow!

It'd be funny to think it's because he doesn't like me disappearing, seeing he totally ignores me in the house!'

Ahhhh to the hello kitty toy

LastingLight Wed 10-Jun-15 20:09:32

Ginger girl (who is 10) zooms around the house, over furniture as if it's not there, then stops, stares as if seeing a ghost and goes off again in another direction. She only does this in the evenings. We say she is looking for the marbles she lost.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now