Talk

Advanced search

Little Monsieur not himself.

(16 Posts)
RubbishMantra Wed 03-Jun-15 21:55:33

Went upstairs and he crept towards me, belly to the ground, walking really slowly. He's been the same for the last hour, creeping about, and hiding himself away. Bright and alert though. He's eaten some dreamies, but doesn't want his dinner. No drooling, third eyelid, limping etc.

Rang vet, who said it sounds as if he's had a fright, and to ring again tomorrow if showing anymore symptoms.

Anyone got any ideas what it could be? Please?

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 03-Jun-15 22:06:52

Sounds like fear to me too. What on earths shook him up that much?.

How is Mcat?

cozietoesie Wed 03-Jun-15 22:06:57

I'd guess he's hurt himself somehow. Could you take him to bed with you ? (My cure-all for cats - retreat to the bedroom with them and watch a bad movie up there.)

RubbishMantra Wed 03-Jun-15 22:19:38

MCat's fine Fluffy. After little one began behaving strangely, they ate some dreamies side by side, so appears no falling out between them.

He's not limping or anything Cozie. I'll try him in bed with me after I've had a shower.

Do you think it will be OK then to wait and see if he's better in the morning? The vet seemed to think it was best.

cozietoesie Wed 03-Jun-15 22:29:19

I think I'd see how he does after a love-in in bed. If he'd - say - fallen awkwardly and pulled a muscle/given himself a bad fright, bed and a bad movie should sort him out mentally.

RubbishMantra Thu 04-Jun-15 09:19:34

Well, he's back to himself this morning!

He wanted to be left where he was, hiding under a chair last night, so I respected that. But I woke up this morning, and he was on the bed. Now he's strutting about in his usual cocky manner. grin

I'm thinking he overdid it on the catnip. I've seen a cat behave like that before, when they'd managed to eat an entire tub of catnip pastilles. I'd pulled a load out the plants out of my garden, and hadn't bagged it up. So it'd sat there in the sun, drying out for a few days, so becoming more potent I suppose. It has the same effect on cats as LSD does on humans, so that could explain it?

I'm going to keep him in today, just to be on the safe side.

cozietoesie Thu 04-Jun-15 09:53:52

Glad he's better. Whatever the reason - although it may be as well to limit access to catnip just in case. smile

timtam23 Thu 04-Jun-15 13:50:11

Glad to hear he is better today

chockbic Thu 04-Jun-15 13:54:27

Good that Stoner is recovering flowers

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 04-Jun-15 16:44:28

Good grief, so he OD on catnip?.

Do we need an intervention?.

Corygal Thu 04-Jun-15 16:51:50

Poor Little M! Mind you, we've all overdone it as teens. First hangover always a frightful shock. He probably just wants you around in a soothing mum-like manner for a bit today. Get well little furry love flowers

shaska Thu 04-Jun-15 17:35:43

Oh poor poppet he's had a bad trip. The youth and their experimentations...

RubbishMantra Thu 04-Jun-15 19:10:25

Ah, thanks everyone. smile I shall pass on your good will to the little bloke.

He's made a complete and full recovery, and is now capering and gambolling about and gaily knocking stuff off my dressing table. It was a proper surge of relief to see his usual swagger return. He looked so small and defensive last night. Everything was freaking him out, even me.

I've pulled all the catnip up from the flowerbed now. Until he learns to use it more responsibly. Then maybe, we'll see...

At least he wasn't sick in his best friend's mother's wardrobe, then all over himself, then slept in his own sick. like the first time I had a good old "experiment" with alcohol

cozietoesie Thu 04-Jun-15 19:19:10

grin

code Thu 04-Jun-15 21:26:54

Bless him, I bet he has the munchies now.

Butterflywings168 Thu 04-Jun-15 22:49:12

grin aw! Lesson learned hopefully, the naughty boy wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now