Neighbour found my poor cat

(20 Posts)
MissCardew Wed 03-Jun-15 19:32:17

Not really sure why I'm posting this as I'm not really one for starting new posts but I just feel very sad (and I'm hoping this might help I guess). My beautiful cat has been missing for a couple of days, I've been concerned but he has done this before so I wasn't overly worried.

I was planning to see if he came back this evening and if not I would start searching. I got home from work and my neighbour was waiting to tell me my cat had passed away in her garden. He wasn't poorly and was only 8 so the vet guessed either trauma or toxicity.

I know this is all part of having a pet but I feel so sad - he was such a lovely and loving boy. My husband is away and I only have my 4 year old here for company who obviously doesn't understand sad

MissCardew Wed 03-Jun-15 19:32:57

Wow that was long! But actually I feel a lot better just for typing it out.

cozietoesie Wed 03-Jun-15 19:41:29

My own Darling Oneago dropped dead one morning while I was down getting a parcel from the postie. He was only 8 but I guessed it was a heart or brain issue from the sheer speed of it - I'd only been gone a minute or two. It was awful but I know how you feel.

Nice of your neighbour to come and let you know.

MissCardew Wed 03-Jun-15 19:47:24

Cozie my neighbour is lovely and I'm very grateful for her looking after him until I came home. I'm really sorry that you lost your cat in such a sudden way it must have been such a shock.

cozietoesie Wed 03-Jun-15 19:52:06

Huge shock - but there's a heart condition that many cats get and I reckon that that was it because - apart from the speed of it - as an indoor cat, he likely couldn't have suffered from trauma or encountered toxic substances.

How are you and your 4 year old doing?

MissCardew Wed 03-Jun-15 19:59:48

We are good thanks. I don't think he understands and seems to just accept that the cat isn't coming back.

cozietoesie Wed 03-Jun-15 20:33:34

You may find this useful. There's more than one version on the net if you Google.

Best of luck.

MissCardew Wed 03-Jun-15 21:02:46

Thank you Cozie that will be very useful.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 03-Jun-15 21:08:19

I'm so sorry MissCardew, it must have been such a shock for you thanks

dingit Wed 03-Jun-15 21:11:03

What a terrible shock, so sorry for your loss thanks

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 03-Jun-15 21:14:00

I'm so sorry Miss, what a horrible shock for you. Poor lad.

flowers

MissCardew Wed 03-Jun-15 21:20:51

Thank you all for your kind words and the flowers.

Moln Wed 03-Jun-15 21:27:19

Oh MissCardew I'm sorry to read that. How awful for you.

timtam23 Wed 03-Jun-15 21:28:53

So sorry MissCardew, how sad for you all. flowersflowers

hiddenhome Wed 03-Jun-15 21:29:00

So sorry this has happened to your kitty sad

flowers

Penfold007 Wed 03-Jun-15 21:35:48

MissCardew I am so very sorry for your loss flowers

TheCatsFlaps Thu 04-Jun-15 01:00:52

Awfully sorry for your loss, take care op.

QOD Thu 04-Jun-15 01:10:11

Awww sad

MissCardew Thu 04-Jun-15 07:49:04

Thanks all for you messages. As with most things, it all seems a little better after a good nights sleep

Vagndidit Thu 04-Jun-15 08:41:59

Sorry for your loss. flowers

A few years ago, our beloved cat died suddenly and was discovered curled up in the closet. He was only 10. We were shocked by it, but even more so because it was so, so sudden and completely unexpected.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now