Cat got hurt in a game. I feel so bad.

(8 Posts)
GatoradeMeBitch Sat 30-May-15 13:41:04

The cat and I were playing with his favourite toy, a cuddly horse on a plastic stick with an elasticated string. He was really into the game, and he likes the horse to 'resist', for me to be pulling it away from him. I tugged the stick too hard and it broke, and half the stick smacked him in the face. He ran upstairs and is hiding under my bed and he won't look at me. I feel like such a shit. He wasn't looking when it happened and I'm sure he thinks I hit him.

Is it best just to leave him alone, sit upstairs with him, or bribe him to come out with treats? I feel like getting him from under the bed and giving him a cuddle, but he's not a cuddly cat at the best of times. sad

Stinkersmum Sat 30-May-15 13:42:47

Leave him alone, he'll come out when he's stopped sulking. Just put down some treats for him and leave.

GatoradeMeBitch Sat 30-May-15 13:52:34

When I went up he was on my bed instead of underneath it which I'll take as a good sign. He didn't touch the treats till he thought I had gone though. Poor little guy.

RubbishMantra Sat 30-May-15 14:00:52

Ah, bless you. Similar happened to me when Little Monsieur was a kitten. He jumped on my laptop, when I was doing an essay in the garden, and it fell on the floor, scaring the crap out of him. He hid under a table and hissed at me. He'd only been with me a few weeks.

I lay down on the floor next to him and put some Dreamies out, and let him come out in his own time. I talked to him all the time in a soothing voice.

You clearly love him, so he won't hold a grudge.

RoosterCogburn Sat 30-May-15 15:16:17

DH dropped an iPad mini on the cat yesterday - he was lying in bed and she was on his chest.
She shot off and didn't forgive hmi until feeding time.

PureMorning Sat 30-May-15 15:23:53

Cats are great at throwing strops, mines currently sat on on shelf facing the wall and ignoring us because we stopped her from sitting on the on hob.

He will come round and be back to playing soon

GatoradeMeBitch Sat 30-May-15 15:51:26

I'm just back from taking him to the vets. The toy hit him near the eye and I saw there was a welt coming up. Google had all sorts of horror stories about eyeballs filling up with blood, etc, so I took him in. They think there's nothing more serious going on luckily. He's had an inflammatory and a painkiller and I'm taking him back for a check up on Monday. He's gone back to hiding under the bed now, I'll leave him to sleep till dinner time.

karbonfootprint Sat 30-May-15 16:12:23

My cat charges under my feet on the stairs in the dark. I have trodden on her more than once. It is a horrible feeling when you have accidentally hurt something so small and trusting, isn't it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now