Talk

Advanced search

Obie hasn't come in tonight :(

(18 Posts)

I'm worried. He has never been out overnight yet.. always comes when called even if it takes him a little while.

I'm not going to sleep, and Ophie keeps crying for him sad

SilverSamhainFairy Tue 12-May-15 23:42:14

Oh, that is the worst feeling, isn't it? I am sending good thoughts to guide your kitty boy home..

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 13-May-15 03:44:53

Sending positive thoughts to you and Obie flowers

HelenOfToys Wed 13-May-15 05:51:59

Our last ginger tom cat used to do that, dh and I would be worried sick, come down in the morning and he'd stroll in later as if nothing had happened. Not even first thing, sometimes mid morning. I say stroll, it was more like a swagger. Try not to worry, he'll be back when he's hungry.

With our current cats we've stopped leaving food down in the day, we put a small amount down at breakfast, they finish that and then we leave it empty so by the evening they are all buzzing round waiting to be fed and we don't have a problem getting them in. I don't know why we didn't think of this before, we've had cats for 20yrs and only just worked out this system when we got kittens last year blush

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 13-May-15 06:45:05

Can he get through the fence?.

QueenFuri Wed 13-May-15 07:19:15

Did he come home? Our old tom used to disappear though over night and bring sparrows back for us!

He's back. Reappeared at 4am when dh went to work smile I think I'll have a battle on my hands now as he's been dying to stay out for ages but I really like to keep them all in at night for safety.

I think he is hitting his teenage rebellious stage! If I catch him smoking I will be cross grin

cozietoesie Wed 13-May-15 09:23:33

Did he saunter back in ?

I can see it now - a story of shame involving gin, fags and wild torties. grin

He'll probably be good as gold for a couple of nights now - just to lull you all.

code Wed 13-May-15 09:25:36

That one is going to be trouble.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 13-May-15 09:30:54

You'll have to make his last meal coming home and staying in time.

chockbic Wed 13-May-15 10:56:06

Poor Ophie crying, bless her.

Glad he is back.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 13-May-15 12:31:03

And Portia thinking "finally, one down one to go"

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 13-May-15 12:38:39

I'm so glad he came home!

cozietoesie Wed 13-May-15 12:52:13

What an uncharitable though highly likely interpretation, Fluffy.

grin

RubbishMantra Wed 13-May-15 13:17:11

Ah, I'm glad he's back. It's what I refer to as their "teenage dickhead stage of development."

SilverSamhainFairy Wed 13-May-15 15:36:35

Crying at " gin, fags and shameless torties!"...

So happy he is home. I'm never asleep until my brood is all accounted for and purring in heaps around me.

RubbishMantra Wed 13-May-15 16:01:43

Shameless Torties! grin When my beloved Bambos was alive, he used to sneak off into the bushes with the local tortie twins. Sometimes they'd sit on our bins and yowl for him to come out.

I hadn't realised they still have "urges" after neutering.

Cozie.. yes he sauntered..and has snored all day apparently.

He is definitely entering his teenage dickhead stage grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now