We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cat "Crumbs"

(10 Posts)
MrsSchadenfreude Fri 08-May-15 16:47:59

The Shitten has been sleeping on the windowsill in our bedroom (it is huge and wide, she won't fall off it), and when she gets down, it seems to be covered in small black "bits". Any idea what they could be? I wondered if they could be dried blood, as when I wipe them up, they sort of "melt" and look like blood on the wet wipe.

RubbishMantra Fri 08-May-15 17:14:31

Sounds like flea poo. What flea treatment do you use?

The Shitten. grin

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 08-May-15 17:26:24

Oh no! shock They are indoor cats. Had not thought that they would get fleas. Have not noticed them being extra itchy, although Big Pussy has been scratching a bit today - I assumed he was scratching his scabs where the Shitten attacked him the other day.

thecatneuterer Fri 08-May-15 17:35:47

Yep. That's flea poo. Indoor cats still get fleas.

Do you know what flea stuff to get? Go for Advantage, Advocate, Stronghold or Broadline. Do not, under any circumstances, buy anything 'off the shelf'. At best they don't work, at worst they kill your cat.

thecatneuterer Fri 08-May-15 17:36:43

As that sounds like a bad infestation you may need to treat the house as well with Acclaim or Indorex.

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 08-May-15 17:46:48

Thanks. I'll go to the vet tomorrow and get something for them. Another reason for DH wanting to get rid of them. sadsadsad

thecatneuterer Fri 08-May-15 17:49:13

Your DH wants to get rid of them? LTB!! Anyway, regularly treated cats remain flea-free, but it is something you need to do monthly.

RubbishMantra Fri 08-May-15 18:15:43

Unfortunately fleas and their eggs can be brought in on shoes, clothes, bicycles. Anything really. Spring arrives, and it's a flea festival. Especially if we've had a mild winter. Those flea larvae are buggers. Can stay in a state of hibernation for ages.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 08-May-15 18:25:23

Asda pharmacy sell indorex, you'd need one can for the house.

Men always want to rehome cats. Meh.

You might have wanted that bloke off poldark to undo your bodice but it ain't gonna happen.

Corygal Fri 08-May-15 18:31:32

You can get Indorex for a tenner on Amazon. Mr C hasn't got fleas yet this year but as my entire family are due to arrive in UK on Weds straight off Easyjet I can guarantee he and I will both be scratching rudely by the end of the week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now