Talk

Advanced search

Record time waiting for a urine sample?

(7 Posts)
lostindubai Thu 30-Apr-15 09:45:51

My cat has a tendency to get crystals in his urine and is on a special diet. Every six months or so we have to get a sample for the vets to check it's all going ok. I have to keep him indoors so he uses the special cat litter.

60 hours this time. He has a large bladder but I hate it when he holds it this long! He'd go every day if I let him outside.

Does anyone else have a wee withholder?!

marmaladegranny Thu 30-Apr-15 09:54:04

My vet did it very quickly and painlessly (judging by nil response from DCat) with a fine needle through his side - he wanted instant result and could feel bladder was full! Not that I would advocate you trying that and do not know if it's usual practise but it may be worth asking….

PfftTheMagicDraco Thu 30-Apr-15 09:57:37

another one here who gets the vet to do it. If I tried getting urine from DoofusCat, I wouldn't have any skin left. They do it easily at the vets.

lostindubai Fri 01-May-15 04:32:55

Hmm I think my vet would have suggested that if it were a preferable option, been doing this for some years now. Sounds quite intrusive, but will ask next time.

hmm we use a special type of cat litter so no risk of getting scratched, we just have to play the waiting game (which is quite a long one!)

cozietoesie Fri 01-May-15 10:12:24

Has he uncrossed his legs yet?

lostindubai Fri 01-May-15 13:12:44

Yes cozie thankfully.

I realised in my last message I aimed a comment at hmm when I meant pfft. I am wally!

cozietoesie Fri 01-May-15 13:29:20

Seniorboy tries to keep his legs crossed until the vet closes which is a bit of a bore because I like to trot down with it and get that chore out of the way. He wouldn't last 60+ hours though! Well done. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now