Talk

Advanced search

My boys are getting their bits chopped tomorrow. What should I know?

(7 Posts)
WUME Wed 18-Feb-15 16:30:41

My 5 month old kittens are in for the snip tomorrow.

What should I know?
Will they be uncomfortable when they come home?
How can I make life easier for the poor bollockless pair?

readysteady Wed 18-Feb-15 16:35:08

To be honest you wouldn't have known mine had anything done....they will be fine smile

RubbishMantra Wed 18-Feb-15 16:40:59

Each cat can react differently to the GA.

MCat was sleepy and sorry for himself, and could only manage scrambled eggs.

Now MKitten... He was a mad lunatic wanting to climb and leap off everything. He demanded food every 5 minutes. The vet had told me to only give him a tiny amount of food, but he wasn't having any of it. I mixed water in with his food to make it mushy and to ensure he was well hydrated.

ShadowsShadowsEverywhere Wed 18-Feb-15 16:42:01

Boys seem to have an easy time of it compared to girls! I had my two done recently (boy and girl). Pumpkin (boy) had apparently woken up from the GA and been playing at the front of his cage all after noon at the vets and charming the nurses. Brought him home with no stitches, just a flesh wound. He was bouncing round the house like a lunatic that night and delighted that he got baked fish for tea. In fact I'd say he seemed bouncier than normal tbh! Went to sleep fine that night, woke me up as usual at 7am by standing on me and putting his nose as close to mine as possible and then miaowing at top volume. Was completely normal seeming after that, no sign anything had happened at all. They had to have some medicine on their breakfast for 4 days which he didn't object to. So yeah, I wouldn't worry at all. Poor girl cat had a much tougher time!

ShadowsShadowsEverywhere Wed 18-Feb-15 16:43:09

Yeah I'd forgotten about that, he was super hungry! Caught him trying to climb into the kitchen bin a few times!

AugustRose Wed 18-Feb-15 16:46:21

Our little chap had his op last week and was perfectly fine too - he wouldn't wait for food either and was running/climbing as usual when we brought him home.

MedusaIsHavingaBadHairday Wed 18-Feb-15 20:07:56

Mine went BONKERS after the op and were still hanging off the curtains at 2am!!! Also hungry and no way were they settling for tiny amounts of food. I don't think Obie noticed his pompoms were missing grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: