Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else have a cat that smells really nice?

(72 Posts)
EleanorAbernathy Mon 16-Feb-15 03:40:19

I was just thinking about my old girl (R.I.P.) - and she always smelled GREAT - so good that other people who got up close to her also commented on occasion! I loved nothing more than to bury my nose in her fur and have a good sniff.

We've not had this with the other cats - a couple of them are a bit whiffy and fishy smelling, and the others just don't really smell of anything at all.

I was just wondering if anyone else has a pleasantly fragrant cat!

OP’s posts: |
temperamentalamongcorvids Mon 16-Feb-15 04:02:57

Yes, my old cat smelt of outdoors - like fresh air and grass. His paws were like digestive biscuits. Current cats smell nice too, but not quite as lovely. Another old one had fishy breath and never learned how to clean her bum properly, nobody liked smelling her.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 16-Feb-15 08:21:36

H does - until he opens his mouth! His fur has a lovely peppery smell and his feet smell of popcorn. As you can tell I loves him very much!

creamhearts Mon 16-Feb-15 08:25:39

My cat smells quite nice really, she does have fishy breath though.

wanderings Mon 16-Feb-15 08:29:54

I can't say I've noticed the smell of our two cats, but I do like to bury my face in their fur, so they can't smell bad.

WestEast Mon 16-Feb-15 08:34:07

I regularly enjoy a cat belly face smushing session and haven't noticed a particular smell. I want a peppery popcorn cat!

MrsBertMacklin Mon 16-Feb-15 08:38:11

My cat smells of fabric conditioner on laundry days, on account of sitting under the clothes horse.

givemushypeasachance Mon 16-Feb-15 10:06:12

I do think that sun-warmed cat fur is one of the nicest things to sniff! Rolo came in the other night smelling of lapsang souchong tea, don't know if he'd been out near someone's wood burner or a bonfire or something.

eatyouwithaspoon Mon 16-Feb-15 10:07:59

My cat smells like sunshine, his breath stinks though

chockbic Mon 16-Feb-15 14:38:39

He does generally, except for when he lets one rip.

Smells of cabbage confused

RubbishMantra Mon 16-Feb-15 14:46:06

MKitten's feet smell like cheese. I like cheese. smile

Interesting/gross fact for when we next sniff our cats. They start washing at the anal glands and work outwards to ensure they smell of, well, themselves.

chockbic Mon 16-Feb-15 14:47:34

Sounds like DH grin

CMOTDibbler Mon 16-Feb-15 14:53:08

Evilgingercat smells nice. I always reckon dirt is scared to stick to him as his tummy is always pure white even though hes so fluffy.

I don't put my face near enough to damagedgirl or psycopathictabby to smell them. I don't want it rearranged.

ShatnersBassoon Mon 16-Feb-15 14:54:40

Mine smells of biscuits that have been cooled outside.

minmooch Mon 16-Feb-15 14:55:10

Ooh my boy cat often smells of either bonfires or rosemary. Have an allotment the other side of fence and he often smells of whichever fruit and veg that's in season. Both my cats smell delicious but boy cat lets me rub my nose in his belly. Mmmmmmmmmm

chockbic Mon 16-Feb-15 15:05:06

Their fur really seems to capture smoke. I've noticed that before.

RubbishMantra Mon 16-Feb-15 15:07:40

I now have a disturbing image in my head of a man washing himself like a cat. You know when they stretch their back legs in the air.

Cheers Chock.

nipersvest Mon 16-Feb-15 15:08:50

our kitten smells lovely but he's not really been outside much yet so he's all clean.

nowitsenough Mon 16-Feb-15 15:09:53

My Siamese smells lovely, sort of sweet and comforting. My black cat smells a bit sour, not so great. Both eat the same food confused Both have smelly cat breath, but I don't mind blush

chockbic Mon 16-Feb-15 15:10:09

That's about right, Rubbish.

You should hear the noises. Oof.

chillybits Mon 16-Feb-15 15:13:44

Sadly, no, our cat is very old and not fragrant at all. I find myself apologising for her as soon as anyone comes in the house. Better than our old dog at the same though!

Zinxie Mon 16-Feb-15 15:13:51

My cat smells fragrant! Very sweetly fresh and perfumed. He goes outdoors, catches mice etc, and eats yucky smelling cat food, so I don't know his he manages it.

He smells as if he's just emerged from a lovely spa day.

RubbishMantra Mon 16-Feb-15 15:14:18

Now I've got sound to go with the visuals.

Nice one.

chockbic Mon 16-Feb-15 15:16:09

grin

wigglybeezer Mon 16-Feb-15 15:18:05

I have one that smells mildly woodsmokey and another that smells like line dried laundry.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in