Advanced search

how do you stop another cat bullying yours?

(6 Posts)
Cheeriosfortotoro Sun 08-Feb-15 12:26:05

My cat is very quiet and loving but has started over grooming. Has been treated by vet and is on meds to help. But the cause of the problem is a massive black and white cat is bullying him and trys to attack him through the cat flap. We scare this horrible cat away as much as possible but it keeps coming back even though we keep no food out. Any advice greatly appreciated.

sanquhar Sun 08-Feb-15 12:32:46

squirt it with a water gun, it'll get the hint soon enough.

our cat is/was a bully, id have no problems with him getting a good soaking, which he has, quite a few times, serves him right! he's not come back wet for a good few years now so he must have stopped going to bully whoever he was bullying.

cozietoesie Sun 08-Feb-15 12:57:22

Have you got a microchip cat flap?

Cheeriosfortotoro Sun 08-Feb-15 13:30:40

No but iv heard that if the cat with the chip stands next to it, it will open and other cat could get in. Plus quite expensive? Water gun might be way to go I think. Thanks for quick replies smile

cozietoesie Sun 08-Feb-15 13:49:04

They're not cheap, that's for sure (about £65-70 online) but they're pretty good at deterring unwanted intruders so I'd be thinking about saving up for one if you really want to sort things out. After all, you have no idea who is coming in your house when you aren't there - for all you know, you're Party Central for the neighbourhood and if you have a nervous cat......

I suspect that long term, that's the way to go.

In the meantime, try a water gun as above. (I used to use one of those pressurised garden sprayer things that can jet about 15 foot on a good day - it doesn't hurt them but they really hate being wet!)

Cheeriosfortotoro Sun 08-Feb-15 14:00:22

Mmm. You maybe right! I will have a look at the those too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now