Talk

Advanced search

Sneezing cat

(9 Posts)
inkpad Thu 29-Jan-15 18:21:37

Hi all,

Since yesterday, my 2 year old female cat (moggy) has been sneezing. Its about every hour/every two hours. She is eating and drinking fine, though more lethargic.

Going to the vets on Monday if it is still there, but what can cause this? For info, she is fully vaccinated. Feeling worried? sad

cozietoesie Thu 29-Jan-15 18:58:51

On of the vets who post is best placed to comment but vaccinations notwithstanding, it sounds as if she might still be getting a case of flu - albeit milder than would normally be the case. Has she had any recent stresses in her life?

Any chance of you getting her an earlier appointment?

inkpad Thu 29-Jan-15 19:06:20

No stressors at all sad Monday is the earliest she can be seen, thought they said if it worsens, to call them

inkpad Thu 29-Jan-15 19:09:53

Forgot to say she is also an indoor cat, and we've also got her Brother. Is it worth trying to keep them apart?

cozietoesie Thu 29-Jan-15 19:14:27

Has he been vaccinated as well?

Cat flu is so complicated that my brain almost fuses when thinking about it. Here's some guidance on it.

inkpad Thu 29-Jan-15 19:17:18

Hi Cozie, yes, she's had her vaccinations. Due boosters end Feb.

cozietoesie Thu 29-Jan-15 20:52:47

It may be shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted but I think I would indeed try to keep them apart if that's practicable. Keep her warm and get her in to the vet as soon as is appropriate.

inkpad Fri 30-Jan-15 15:31:28

Thanks for the advice Cozie, she's still sneezing/snuffle, but still eating and drinking as normal. Eyes are fine, mouth appears fine. Keeping a close eye on her, and vets monday- unless needed earlier

cozietoesie Sun 01-Feb-15 09:07:38

How's she doing?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: