Talk

Advanced search

Help with names for this little beauty?

(33 Posts)
rachelrawrrr Mon 26-Jan-15 01:27:33

Hey everyone smile I'm picking up this little darling tomorrow, she's not had the best start in life (the person who currently has her found her with a very bad flea alergy, scared of people and far too skinny). Now this kind person has fixed her up but can't keep her... how could I say no?!

I need help with names though! OH just keeps saying, "I don't know"... hmm
I was thinking of Trixie (As our other is called pixie grin) but would that be confusing for them?

Longdistance Mon 26-Jan-15 01:33:08

What about using the name that's in the title of this thread? Beauty, like the horse Black Beauty?

Longdistance Mon 26-Jan-15 01:34:20

Oh, and... envy

FeckTheMagicDragon Mon 26-Jan-15 01:43:19

She looks like a Lady Izabella to me. Izzy for short.

Nora

She is beautiful.

rachelrawrrr Mon 26-Jan-15 01:50:37

these are all brilliant ideas grin I think I'm gonna have to gather all suggestions and put them in a bag and choose at random!

Thank you, she is beautiful, I fell in love the second I saw her. I'm hoping to have her nursed completely back to health soon, like we did with Pixie grin

nooka Mon 26-Jan-15 02:01:38

I think that Trixie and Pixie would be confusing, not sure the cats will be able to distinguish between them - I bet if you called out Trixie today your other cat would come running (if she is the sort of cat that comes when called of course!).

What about something else fantasy orientated? Fay, Bashee, Sprite, Jinni, Wraithe? She has a lovely goblinish look in that photo on your hand grin

rachelrawrrr Mon 26-Jan-15 02:18:33

She's the type to just look at me as if to say, "what do you want now you intolerable fool? you're lucky you feed me.." hahaha

I best not suggest fantasy ideas to OH, he won't care that she's a female, he'll want to call her Golem or Loki... grin I'm quite obsessed with Pokemon (yes... I know, very childish), quite tempted to suggest "eevee" to OH grin

catsofa Mon 26-Jan-15 02:51:24

Oh that is a brilliant monorail cat photo grin!

Is she black all over? Maybe something witchy?

Agree it should be something different sounding to the other cat's name, they can recognise when they are talked about or called, even if they don't actually come unless you're opening a tin of food.

How about Millie, short for Mildred out of The Worst Witch?

MummyBeerest Mon 26-Jan-15 03:01:55

I haven't watched Pokemon in ages, and don't remember that one-but Evie is cute.

Congratulations!

purplemunkey Mon 26-Jan-15 04:04:53

She looks like a Delilah to me. What a beaut smile

sashh Mon 26-Jan-15 06:22:28

I think I'm gonna have to gather all suggestions and put them in a bag and choose at random!

No you put them on bits of paper and see which one she sits on.

How about Ebony? Although she does look as though she needs a title. It's Imbolc/St Brigid's day on Feb 2nd, maybe Brigid, Brigit or Brede? It's a time for celebrating the end of winter and the move to lighter evenings and spring.

That appeals to my pagan side because she is moving to a new life with you.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 26-Jan-15 08:10:37

envy

That is one handsome girl.

Georgie, it's got potential for nicknames then, Georgie girl, Georgie porgy, gorgy Georgie.

rachelrawrrr Mon 26-Jan-15 08:14:02

She's got one patch of white on her chest, it's like a bib grin

arghhhhhh these are all such good ideas! OH will be in bed most of the day (nightshift) so I think she'll be nameless until tonight :P

you guys are great grin

tabulahrasa Mon 26-Jan-15 08:16:19

Does it matter if it's confusing?

One of mine comes running no matter whose name I call, including the DC's names and the other just glares at me if I call her name and then walks off looking aggrieved that I dared to try and make her do something.

rachelrawrrr Mon 26-Jan-15 10:09:16

Haha! grin

I think she's gonna be nameless until OH wakes up and we can make a joint decision

purplemunkey Mon 26-Jan-15 10:22:56

Let us know what name you pick!

TheHoundsBitch Mon 26-Jan-15 10:27:06

I think Goblin would be perfect, she's awesome! <jealous>

BossWitch Mon 26-Jan-15 10:29:05

Magwitch.

storytopper Mon 26-Jan-15 10:31:09

Raven - because she is black.

Beautiful little cat - so great she has found a good home.

Have fun together.

rachelrawrrr Mon 26-Jan-15 10:36:02

I will be letting you all know grin picking her up at 2 after work grin

thanks for all the suggestions, so many great ones! thanks

fortifiedwithtea Mon 26-Jan-15 10:41:44

I was going to say Ebony but Sashh got there first.

My aunt had cats called Pixie and Dixie. The cats managed their similar sounding names. If you want Trixie, it will be fine.

purplemunkey Mon 26-Jan-15 11:18:46

I like the witchy theme - how about Elphaba or Glinda from Wicked? Elphaba could be cute.

rachelrawrrr Mon 26-Jan-15 15:41:01

I think we've decided on Missy, but it's not 100%, as she's in hiding just now and hissing at our other one. Hopefully she'll calm down soon sad

rachelrawrrr Mon 26-Jan-15 18:01:44

She's not very nice sad she's been sitting on OH growling and hissing at him, then took a swipe at him! it's a good thing I've got a soft spot for kitties that have had very tough lives sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: