Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else feed raw?

(4 Posts)
dillydollydarling Wed 21-Jan-15 15:34:10

Just wondered if there were any other people on here that feed their cats raw food? My 11 month old has been on raw since she was about 10 weeks old and my 3 month old has been on raw for the past couple of weeks. They get mainly chicks, and a mix of other meats, heart, kidney, liver, chicken wings etc every now and then.

I love how healthy they are and how much they enjoy their food!

Fanderay Wed 21-Jan-15 15:48:00

Please don't forget to add supplements in form of Taurine and calcium etc. if you're not feeding offal with skin and eyes with most meals. ;)

RainbowFlutterby Wed 21-Jan-15 15:50:54

I tried to give RainbowCat some raw chicken for a treat, I really thought he'd love it.

Nope. The disgusted look on his face said it all.

So no, I don't.

dillydollydarling Wed 21-Jan-15 15:56:02

Fanderay, the chicks contain meat, bone, offal, eyes, brains, yolk, the whole shebang grin nutritionally complete in a bite sized package!

And I'm also a strong believer of balance over time rather than every meal. Obviously if you never feed offal etc you are going to end up with deficiencies but as long as it balances out over a week or month or so, I don't see any problems. Deficiencies aren't going to occur overnight wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: