Talk

Advanced search

What kind of things do you do to pamper your cat?

(42 Posts)
hiddenhome Sat 17-Jan-15 15:52:43

We keep the stove going 24/7 over the winter for Old Cat. She never moves from it apart from visiting the litter tray. She even has her meals in front of it.

Fat Cat sleeps next to me in bed all night. I've knitted little squares to go over her and keep her warm.

I'm not very nice to Pearl because she has to sleep with my teenager in his room otherwise she'd hassle Fat Cat all night grin she doesn't seem to mind though.

Of course, they get cheese flavoured Dreamies every afternoon grin

Tell me your stories (photos of pampering welcome) smile

cozietoesie Sat 17-Jan-15 15:58:17

Leave the central heating and the electric blanket on during the day 'just in case'. But I benefit from those as well so I guess they don't count.

Eating a type of food I may not really want because Seniorboy likes to eat certain things and a whole packet for him alone would go off?

RubbishMantra Sat 17-Jan-15 16:16:04

Mkitten must be kept warm and cosy at all times.

The garden shelf MCat's sitting on was put up soley for his use. He gets upset if MKitten sits on it.

I love that you have knitted squares to keep your precious cat warm, I often fantasise about taking up crocheting in order to make my cats beautiful things to wear. grin

Hurr1cane Sat 17-Jan-15 16:20:53

Cheese flavoured dreamies here too.

Old lady cat gets fed in her own private bowl away from the other cats because she dislikes them. She will eat near them but she doesn't have to because she's all old and cute.

RubbishMantra Sat 17-Jan-15 16:28:22

Also MKitten sleeps in bed with me, even though he licks my back when he wakes up. Which is Not Nice. confused

MrsPresley Sat 17-Jan-15 16:28:55

Fat cat sleeps in the sitting room at night. so there's a fleecy throw sort of scrunched up on the sofa for him to "bury" himself into.

The wee cat sleeps with me, so she gets a hot water bottle under the duvet and she sleeps on it all night.

hiddenhome Sat 17-Jan-15 16:54:06

Love hearing about these things grin

TheSpottedZebra Sat 17-Jan-15 17:00:12

Recently, one of my cats seems to want to be carried about and chatted to.
So I carry him about, and chat to him, a lot.

hiddenhome Sat 17-Jan-15 17:13:32

Oh, I love it when they let you carry them. Fat Cat sometimes lets me and I take her round the lounge showing her the ornaments to keep her amused so she doesn't want to jump down.

shaska Sat 17-Jan-15 17:39:22

The lamb likes very much to sit in the sort of tent made by sitting with your knees up and a blanket over them. We call it her 'fort' and I probably spend over two hours a day enabling her to have her fort, whether or not it's convenient for me.

The madcat likes to have at least one, if not several, large cardboard boxes available to sit in when she feels the need. People come over and offer to take them down to the bin for me, presumably because they think I'm just a rubbish housekeeper. So then I have to say 'oh no it's the cats box' and then they just think I'm mad.

Pensionerpeep Sat 17-Jan-15 18:00:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Salemthecat Sat 17-Jan-15 19:50:34

She prefers drinking water out of glasses so I leave several glasses lying around the house and let her drink out of mine as well. blush

cozietoesie Sat 17-Jan-15 19:59:10

It's not that bad a deal, shaska. There was once a time when Seniorboy didn't rule the household but the adults have long forgotten it and the youngsters have never known anything else - they're all cowed. I just blame any of my derelictions on something to do with him!

grin

hiddenhome Sat 17-Jan-15 20:23:53

grin these are really funny. We are mere slaves to these irresistible creatures grin

Salemthecat Sat 17-Jan-15 22:06:49

Here she is...

hiddenhome Sat 17-Jan-15 22:44:27

Doesn't she spill all that water?

I fancy getting one of those drinking fountains, but they're quite expensive.

RubbishMantra Sat 17-Jan-15 23:54:51

I'm watching MKitten hop in and out of a cardboard as I type...I also have kept a ridiculously huge xmas paper bag we were given with our presents in. Gives him hours of fun doing the Paper Bag Olympics.

Also guilty of leaving glasses of water around the house for MCat. MKitten knocks them over though. He has no manners.

HansieLove Sun 18-Jan-15 00:33:52

We have some outdoor cats, and they sleep in the garage. My DH makes houses for them, heated, with a baby blanket, curtained door and an emergency exit.

We put up four window bird feeders to entertain the cats. They are a hit. I'll try and post a picture of a Ruby and Lola watching for birds.

MedusaIsHavingaBadHairday Sun 18-Jan-15 01:09:36

I had to brush my teeth in the bath last night as Obie was asleep in the sink and I didn't like to disturb him...

And Ophie has her own special 'paddling' blanket which lives in the living room anf no one must disturb it or sit in 'her' chair!

And lets not mention the frsh chicken that was destined for the casserole which SOMEHOW ended up in the cats' bowls....!

Salemthecat Sun 18-Jan-15 02:24:29

So far we haven't had any spillages from her. She's quite dainty.

I, on the other hand, spill them at least once a day.

cozietoesie Sun 18-Jan-15 08:51:44

Look on the bright side,*Medusa*. If Obie carries on growing at his current rate, he'll soon need to sleep in the bath so the sink will be freed up for tooth brushing. (You'll have to give up baths of course - but Hey. I'm sure there's a way round that. grin)

hiddenhome Sun 18-Jan-15 11:01:43

Lol at sleeping in the sink grin

WestEast Sun 18-Jan-15 11:04:51

Dkitten sleeps in the living room, we arrange the spare double duvet into a giant cat bed on one of the comfy chairs for her every night. DP doesn't like thinking she might get cold in there by herself.

loraflora Sun 18-Jan-15 14:08:33

My cat sleeps on a fleecy throw on the sofa, but goes into the bedroom when DH gets up and has a lie in with me. Inevitably at some point she'll stick her head in the glass of on the bedside table while I am still half asleep so I never drink from it in the morning. I also leave mugs of water near her food since she prefers them to bowls.

AWholeLottaNosy Sun 18-Jan-15 14:13:50

I have a fully filled glass of water on my bedside table for cat to drink out of at night while he sleeps on my bed. Saves him having to get up and drink water from the sink in the bathroom!

Always save him a bit of bacon or sausage when I have a cooked breakfast and let him lick the plate as he loves the tinned tomatoes!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: