Talk

Advanced search

Luring cats with ham

(7 Posts)
WitchWay Wed 14-Jan-15 23:10:06

and other tasty comestibles

It is blowing a gale outside, sleeting a bit, really horrible.

One cat has come in, sensible animal, currently in bed, licking off the worst of the wet.

The other is lurking in the kennel - I've just been out to tempt her in with a scrap of ham whereupon she snatched the whole piece, scoffed it and refused to budge.

Hmm hmm

cozietoesie Wed 14-Jan-15 23:21:06

Go out and grab her by the scruff of the neck, little besom. Then give her ham inside by the fire. (No sense in rewarding indifferent behaviour.)

WitchWay Wed 14-Jan-15 23:35:08

Last time I went and grabbed her from the kennel in terrible weather she made an unearthly screeching noise and bit me hard on the hand. All purry and nice one I'd got her inside of course hmm

She hissed at me yesterday for daring to touch her tummy grin

Besom is the word btw. Haven't heard that for ages grin

RubbishMantra Wed 14-Jan-15 23:48:16

I just got in from luring MCat in. he managed to slip out through the kitchen window, and it's blowing a gale here too. I had to stomp about the streets rattling dreamies and pointing his tracker around. The delight I felt when the tracker picked him up was off the richter scale. Then I heard his delightful miaow. He's not the sort of cat to leap into one's arms, but he allowed himself to be picked up and be carried all the way home.

Feeling very relieved, as the wind's got worse.

I hope MKitten decides to never leave the garden.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 15-Jan-15 07:58:10

Did you get her in?.

WitchWay Thu 15-Jan-15 09:10:15

No! She breezed in this morning looking pleased with herself.

cozietoesie Thu 15-Jan-15 12:14:19

It's often the same - the dirty stopout will cause you a near breakdown and then waltz in with the 'What's your problem?' look on their face. Huh!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: