Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

January vet body condition check

(5 Posts)
cozietoesie Fri 09-Jan-15 17:35:33

Just reading my vet practice newletter and they're doing free 'body condition checks' for cats and dogs during January - along with special offers on diet food. (I presume that means slimming diet.) I know it's not a full MOT but still a free check is a free check so it might be worth people's while to investigate whether their own practice is doing anything similar.

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 09-Jan-15 19:52:13

A body condition check is likely to be a nurse running hands over pet to give a body condition score normal out of 5. It can be useful if your pet has an abnormal body weight.
Most practices offer nursing weight clinics for nothing all year round.

cozietoesie Fri 09-Jan-15 20:46:33

Useful to know, Lone - especially with the number of .......full figured....... cats around.

chockbic Fri 09-Jan-15 20:57:17

Our vet ran a senior health check for free in return for collecting data.

Might be useful to some in looking out for such a scheme.

cozietoesie Fri 09-Jan-15 21:04:37

It might indeed - always worth keeping abreast of what your practice is offering in terms of promotions/events.

You may - if funds are stretched - have to be fairly strong-minded though in the event of suggested 'add-ons'. (I can imagine a vet giving practice time for free or extra cheaply but things like blood tests would, I would have thought, be charged as normal. Always best to check.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now