Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wet & dry food mix

(3 Posts)
FushandChups Wed 07-Jan-15 16:07:58

My poor cat has had issues of late which have cause him no end of stress and resulted in a vet trip with a blocked bladder. Vet asked me to get him onto urinary food for at least 6 months but failing that, a really good wet diet...

I have invested in the Royal Canin urinary dry food as the wet was really expensive and have got lots of cereal free Butchers but trying to work out how to split this so he's getting the best of both is tricky and a good Google has not helped at all...

Would anyone be able to advise.. before I was mix feeding with half a pouch in the morning and evening (so a pouch day) with a small handful of dry to accompany. Would similar work with this - so about 1/4 can of meat with a measured amount of dry (about half the recommended daily amount spread across the two meals)..

Just want him to get the best for his health.. he's 4,7kg btw so no teeny soul but at the same time, all the recommendations seem to be for 4kg cats smile

RubbishMantra Wed 07-Jan-15 16:24:55

My adult boy gets about the same as that.

If he's not much of a drinker, you can also mix (hide) a little water in his wet food to help keep his pee pipes working properly.

FushandChups Wed 07-Jan-15 16:39:47

Pee pipes grin

Yes, have also been putting couple of spoonfuls of water in the wet just to make sure but he had am the special wet from the vets until yesterday morning so only had a couple of meals with it... thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now