Talk

Advanced search

What to give my cat for her birthday dinner?

(9 Posts)
Pipbin Wed 31-Dec-14 15:30:52

It's the cat's birthday soon so I want to give her something special for dinner. (Don't judge me)
What fish can I give her?
We don't eat meat or fish so I would rather give her something like tuna that can come straight from the tin.
Any ideas?

FoxgloveFairy Wed 31-Dec-14 15:48:35

Tuna sounds good. Side of rodent? Happy soon to be birthday Puss!

emmelinelucas Wed 31-Dec-14 15:58:14

Boil in the bag kippers.
Or a tin of mackerel in tomato sauce.

thecatneuterer Wed 31-Dec-14 17:21:00

Happy birthday puss! How old will she be?

Tuna always seems to go down well (best to get the stuff in spring water rather than brine or oil). Pilchards too (if you can bear the smell).

AngelCauliflower Wed 31-Dec-14 17:35:48

I give my cat tuna or applaws chicken breast and cheese for a special meal. I hope she enjoys her birthday meal.

FushandChups Wed 31-Dec-14 22:32:22

I second sardine or mackerel in tomato sauce - cats love tomato and on my dear departed cats birthday, that's what she had and it was wolfed down in minutes grin Cheap too!

RubbishMantra Sat 03-Jan-15 01:00:34

Prawns or tuna - but not the one in brine. Just the one in spring water, cat's don't tolerate salt well.

Chicken breasts always go down well here, at times been stolen from under my nose. Ooh, and ham. Just not too much, because of the salt. Also rare steak... blush

I thought cats are intolerant to tomatoes? As in it's poisonous to them? probably me being a fusspot though

FushandChups Sat 03-Jan-15 08:38:23

ooooo - you're right:

http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/tomato-plant/

Won't be doing that again blush

AWholeLottaNosy Mon 05-Jan-15 19:29:03

My cat loves tomatoes! If I have a cooked breakfast, she not only loves the bits of bacon I don't eat, but licks the plate clean with all the tinned tomato on...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now