Talk

Advanced search

What are your cats favourite toys?

(19 Posts)
saltedcaramelicious Mon 29-Dec-14 16:12:23

My parents are adopting two gorgeous cats hopefully at the weekend, both about 3 years old and very active and playful. As they will technically be my cat siblings (grin) it's my duty to buy them pressies for when they come home... What do your cats enjoy? There's so many on amazon/ebay.

SingingSands Mon 29-Dec-14 16:15:28

Empty cardboard boxes. They are in post-Christmas shopping heaven!

They like little catnip toys too - ones they can hold and chew and chase along the floor.

RubbishMantra Mon 29-Dec-14 16:22:16

Mine go mental for this and those cheap squeaky plastic mice from the pet shop.

werekitty Mon 29-Dec-14 16:24:39

My cat just got a flying frenzy toy from my sister. This has been very well received and I've had to now hide it from her as she won't leave it alone.

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Mon 29-Dec-14 16:24:46

One of mine absolutely loves this unnervingly realistic when a bit bashed about and half chewed mouse sometimes I rub some catnip on it and she goes abit crazy and it comes back soaken wet!

I wouldn't get anything with feathers as mine tend to try to eat them and I'd worry about the sharp quill bit (what is it called!) getting stuck in their throat.

Again agree though you can't go wrong with cardboard box - when we get a spare cardboard box the DC play with it during the day and the cats take over the night shift grin

Badgerlady Mon 29-Dec-14 16:25:03

Our kittens (now 11 weeks!) have absolutely no interest in anything labelled as a cat toy or cat nip.

They LOVE string, ribbons and trying to climb any coat hung from the back of a chair. They also like the little stick on ribbon bows for Christmas presents, scrunched up foil and pens.

Yddraigoldragon Mon 29-Dec-14 16:25:52

Ping pong balls get battered here

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Mon 29-Dec-14 16:26:41

Also...pics please when they arrive!! grin

GemmaTeller Mon 29-Dec-14 16:28:10

Cardboard boxes, scrunched up paper or foil, the dogs tail.

Boy cat especially like when I put new sheets on the bed and dives under it when you throw open/over the sheet or duvet cover.

Not much interest is shown in actual cat toys.

georgedawes Mon 29-Dec-14 16:45:32

Laser pointer

susiedaisy Mon 29-Dec-14 16:52:20

Mine loves his play tunnel, catnip toys and anything on a stick with string.

QueenFuri Mon 29-Dec-14 18:18:05

A furry fishing rod thing, her feather balls, a catnip mouse and a fruit shoot lid she spends hours batting it around the kitchen and carrying it about in her mouth!

HotLipsHoulihan Mon 29-Dec-14 20:41:20

Make tin foil balls. They like those

HowsTheSerenity Mon 29-Dec-14 20:50:37

They both enjoy cardboard boxes for hiding and their postmodern deconstructive art (I highly recommend The Engineers Guide To Cats part 2 on YouTube).
Breena loves twist ties and Dorcas has a marble.

Essexgirlupnorth Mon 29-Dec-14 20:57:00

My toddlers toys or hairbands are my cats favourites at moment.
They like flashing bouncy balls, some cats like catnip but some don't.
My brother-in-law bought me a laser light think which fascinated them for ages.

timtam23 Mon 29-Dec-14 21:51:20

Ping pong balls, cardboard boxes, large paper bags/large pieces of brown paper made into a "cave", pom poms (from kids' craft sets), pigeon feathers.

My old cats used to like the "Yeeoow!" range of catnip toys but my young one isn't bothered at all. He adores a very nondescript mouse which my Mum & Dad gave him for Christmas, he carries it around in his mouth and constantly bats it about, but apart from that he doesn't really play with "proper" cat toys and he has never liked using scratching posts etc (he prefers the furniture angry)

GemmaTeller Tue 30-Dec-14 16:23:53

ooh, just thought of another...

What is it with cats and emery boards? every time I file my nails the cats wrestles it off me and run off with it grin

No doubt when we move I'll find a stash of them somewhere slattern

BigcatLittlecat Tue 30-Dec-14 16:34:06

Kitten loves a golf tee, we just throw one and she chases! She also hides them!
We also have a box war going on with a show box on the sofa. Both cats love sitting in it! Also they like gift bags, don't worry of there is anything in it they will take it out, no problem!

Cataline Tue 30-Dec-14 16:39:02

Laser pointer, cotton buds, emery boards, scrunched up foil balls and their absolute favourite- peacock feathers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now