Talk

Advanced search

Advice on finding reputable Persian Breeders

(3 Posts)
Chardonnay73 Mon 29-Dec-14 13:56:45

Hi, I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction in finding a reputable Persian breeder.

Last week I lost my lovely old girl to Kidney Disease, having suffered with Polycystic Kidneys for most of her life.

I didn't really research her breeder that well, and was so taken with her as a kitten I didn't do the checks I probably should have sad

I am looking to get another kitten, but want to make sure it comes from a reputable breeder and is pkd (?) screened. I've seen the website Pets 4 Homes, but worry its not regulated. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be really grateful x

You need to find a breeder registered with the GCCF. Or maybe look at rescuing a cat - Chapel House Persian Rescue have a lot that were recovered from a house before Christmas. They have a website and are on facebook.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 29-Dec-14 15:24:35

I was going to say get an adult rescue because any health problems due to breeding will have come out by then.

Unfortunately like most pedigrees there's gremlins in the DNA. Two of ours died from cancer caused by the squished nose & they didn't even have the really flat nose that's fashionable now.

A good breeder will interview you as much as you interview them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now