Talk

Advanced search

Feeling sentimental about MKitten...

(24 Posts)
RubbishMantra Sun 28-Dec-14 01:10:57

Regular Litter-Trayers might remember me posting photographs of the little bald MKitten back in April. He now has a mane of curly-perm hair. He presents me with drinking straws and squeaky mice and random bits of plastic and metal he finds god knows where, which he will retrieve when thrown.

He doesn't miaow, instead he races around the house making the noise a car does when braking around a corner, or funny puffy huffing noises.

He often attempts to mount MCat, who is very patient with him perhaps secretly flattered by MKitten's attentions

When he wants to get into bed, he stands on my face with his little cold paws, until I lift up the duvet. I wake up to find him asleep on his back, paws in the air, head on the pillow.

I remember deciding to adopt him at a week old because of his big floppy ears and the cocky expression on his little face.

I'll probably feel silly for posting this in the morning, (too much wine) but I'm so happy to have my little lads.

He's still racing about the house making the weird noise that he does. My favouritest noise ever. smile

RainbowFlutterby Sun 28-Dec-14 01:13:45

Pic please? He sounds such a cutie. smile

RainbowFlutterby Sun 28-Dec-14 01:14:32

Pic please? He sounds such a cutie. smile

RubbishMantra Sun 28-Dec-14 01:26:35

I am delighted you asked! smile

First photograph is of him now, with his lovely perm-ey hair, avec xmas bow tie. Second one is of him sporting the semi-bald look, at 11 weeks.

VenusRising Sun 28-Dec-14 02:27:22

He's beautiful!
I love cats, they're so weirdly compelling, and quirky!

I hope his nads have been seen to...... you don't want to be overrun with kittens!

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 28-Dec-14 08:47:31

I love MKitten. I think he and Obie have the potential to overtake my ASBO cat in mischief making.

Sometimes I look at ASBO cats kitten pictures, he was such a skinny little thing once.

RainbowFlutterby Sun 28-Dec-14 10:03:29

He's adorable! Beautiful colour too. It looks like his whiskers are curly as well as his fur.

Thanks for sharing. smile

RubbishMantra Sun 28-Dec-14 13:02:51

Thank you everyone for reading my drunken ramblings about MKitten.smile

And yes Venus, he's snipped...but no kittens here, both of them are boys. The little monsier just takes an unhealthy interest in MCat's intimate area sometimes.

He does have curly whiskers Rainbow, which break off due to their brittleness, but he seems to manage without them.

Fluffy, I'd LOVE to see a photo of ASBO Cat as a skinny kitten! Please? smile

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 28-Dec-14 13:51:07

I'll ask dh to get one off the laptop.

chockbic Sun 28-Dec-14 16:05:45

Very fetching in his bow tie.

Kind of noble looking.

RubbishMantra Sun 28-Dec-14 16:26:23

Haha, noble, thanks Chock. grin MCat's the suave one though.

RubbishMantra Sun 28-Dec-14 16:27:56

Here's MCat in his Xmas bow tie, looking smooth. grin

PumpkinsMummy Sun 28-Dec-14 16:40:17

Love it. I have a curly cat too. She has bald patches still and chirrups when she's happy. Rex's are the best, like little monkeys.

RubbishMantra Sun 28-Dec-14 16:50:08

Yes Pumpkin, he is such a little monkey. He stands on his back legs and tugs at your clothes for attention. We have mesh on the upstairs windows to stop him falling out, and he velcros himself to it. I often wonder what passers by think when they see his little monkey face peering down at them.

Would you post a picture of your curly girl? smile

LastingLight Sun 28-Dec-14 19:37:36

Your cats are gorgeous RubbishMantra, I love their markings.

PumpkinsMummy Sun 28-Dec-14 22:16:42

Net is a good idea, my girl fell last month. Luckily a scraped paw and wounded pride only but I nearly died of fright. Her favourite trick is to ride round on dh's shoulders like a fur cape. I will see if I can attach a photo.

PumpkinsMummy Sun 28-Dec-14 22:25:23

This is the best I can get just now, she is not a camera lover!

RubbishMantra Mon 29-Dec-14 01:58:53

Thank you lasting. I have crooned over your lovely cats.

Pumpkin, our curly MKitten jumps on our shoulders at every given opportunity, he loves riding about on his slaves humans... Devons are a breed to be reckoned with, the little aliens that they are.

What a beautiful photograph of your curly tortie! Sending you the bestest catty snuggle.

PumpkinsMummy Mon 29-Dec-14 13:24:31

Thanks Rubbish, my girl is a wee bit more clingy at the moment as we lost our boy cat earlier this month. She is very good at making me feel better. Hopefully this works, this is a picture of her when she was a kitten, you can see her more clearly here, it was taken with her litter mates at the breeders. She still has the same expression! Anyone else fancy sharing some photo's?

RubbishMantra Mon 29-Dec-14 14:59:31

Oh, what a beautiful kitten Pumpkin! I know what you mean about the expression,a bit like a grumpy gremlin. I'm glad she's been a comfort, I remember your thread about your boy cat, very sad for you. thanks

And yes, I agree, maybe we could turn this into a "showing off our cats when they were kittens" thread?

RubbishMantra Mon 29-Dec-14 15:37:34

Oh, and the mesh thing I have to prevent window falls is one of these.

juneybean Mon 29-Dec-14 17:52:46

He sounds such a character!

PumpkinsMummy Mon 29-Dec-14 19:50:10

thanks Rubbish I will look into getting some for the summer. There will be no more falls or escapes on my watch!

chockbic Mon 29-Dec-14 21:33:30

Look at the colour coordinated pussies.

You have good taste, Rubbish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now