Talk

Advanced search

New Persian cat

(19 Posts)
Icelollycraving Sat 27-Dec-14 21:02:19

I have just got a Persian cat who is 8 months old. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with the care.
One of the biggest things is him drinking water & making his bib so wet it gets soaking & I'm worried it'll discolour. (He is very pale blonde colour).
I've asked advice from the breeder who has been very helpful & suggested a type of bowl only available in America which has a very small well for the water.
The grooming is not a problem but he looked so beautiful when we got him & I'm worried he's not looking quite the same a few days in.

gamerchick Sat 27-Dec-14 21:06:26

He's not a new carpet man grin

Icelollycraving Sat 27-Dec-14 21:08:13

Don't understand!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 27-Dec-14 21:41:25

Does it really matter though? I had three of them & they are cats just like any other cat.

They aren't expected to be show ready at the drop of a hat. They just need regular grooming and to be comfy.

Icelollycraving Sat 27-Dec-14 21:48:18

No of course,I just wondered if anyone had any advice or had used a particular water bowl etc.
He is a show cat but I'm not sure we will do that. He's just a big beautiful bundle of blonde pouffy fur!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 27-Dec-14 21:55:53

Ah leave him be then. Ours had normal stone wear soup bowls to drink out of.

I've seen enough cat shows to see what a hotbed of jealousy and over heated cats they can be. The rosettes just mean you can charge more for stud fees & there's no shortage of kittens in this country.

Just enjoy him. He'll always be gorgeous to you.

Icelollycraving Sat 27-Dec-14 21:58:36

Thank you. Just want to make sure we're doing things right.

gamerchick Sat 27-Dec-14 21:59:54

Just feed him decent grub to keep his coat healthy and give him a good brushing. You don't need to faff on with water bowls. Raise it off the ground or get him a fountain if you want which might help.

Just sort put the essentials at the vets and get him spayed when it's time.

Like a new carpet you'll not care about that stuff in time.

lemisscared Sat 27-Dec-14 22:04:05

we need pics smile i am not sure if this would happen with cats but when dogs lick (and their tears) pale colour dogs get a reddish brown discolouration. you can get a product called pretty eyes that gets rid of it.

rubyflipper Sat 27-Dec-14 22:05:05

We have a (now elderly) Persian. Never bothered with fancy bowls grin but he is groomed regularly and his fur is cut short at the vet's in the spring.

spinduchess Sat 27-Dec-14 22:07:54

We need pictures of this cat OP!

Icelollycraving Sat 27-Dec-14 22:08:40

Here he is!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 27-Dec-14 22:12:52

He's stunningly gorgeous, a big boy too!

Icelollycraving Sat 27-Dec-14 22:13:33

Thank you! smile

spinduchess Sat 27-Dec-14 22:14:19

Oh my goodness, I want to rub my face on him! Is what I do to my longhaired moggy!

shaska Sat 27-Dec-14 23:09:13

Oh my lord look at that cat! Gorgeous boy!

I wouldn't worry. If he gets stained and you don't want him to be just trim it and it'll all grow back pristine. Or that's what I'd do anyway.

lemisscared Sat 27-Dec-14 23:12:40

hes just handsome!!!! as is Ruby flippers cat

RubbishMantra Sun 28-Dec-14 01:45:25

Both of these cats are beautiful! Persians have such a look of entitlement about them! grin

But yup, as long as he's happy OP, that's the main thing.

McLurker Mon 29-Dec-14 11:49:36

What gorgeous cats!

Would he tolerate a bandana?

s209.photobucket.com/user/dan_walters/media/120601084643-pets-for-obama-cat-ver.jpg.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now