Talk

Advanced search

Is it ok to leave cat under duvet cover all day - feels very hot...

(9 Posts)
MrsBertMacklin Sat 27-Dec-14 17:15:28

Cat's taken to burrowing under the duvet and today stayed under there for 7 hours straight.

She feels roasting and I was a bit concerned about that and her not moving out of the duvet nest for water, so I've put away blankets etc. and encouraged some water bowl action.

Do I need to be concerned about this / limit duvet time?

Did try googling 'hot cat', but no relevant hits, strangely enough!

lollygagger Sat 27-Dec-14 17:17:11

My cat does this. I've never thought to worry about it. If she's too hot she'll move, no?

PureMorning Sat 27-Dec-14 17:17:57

I'm sure the cats fine.
My kitties sleep on a radiator thats hurts my hand when I touch it

RubbishMantra Sat 27-Dec-14 17:26:34

My beloved old cat would do this - in Summer! He'd emerge panting and sweaty, cool down for a while, then burrow in again.

Cats originate from Africa, so love a bit of warmth.

wtffgs Sat 27-Dec-14 17:34:37

Cats will not do anything that isn't in their own interests grin

My cat will sleep under the duvet when the temperatures drop. She is overjoyed right now - I am ill and in bed. A warm human under the duvet is her nirvana! grin

RubbishMantra Sat 27-Dec-14 17:42:15

Also, if I'm having a lie in or marathon slobbing in bed watching scary movies day, MKitten will happily snuggle under the duvet for as long as I'm prepared to stay prone under the covers. Love it! apart from when he licks my arms grin

MrsBertMacklin Sat 27-Dec-14 18:49:06

Sounds like I don't need to worry then, thank you. Am still going to force her out occasionally though, as her water bowl is normally half-empty by mid afternoon and it's still almost full today.

Leela5 Sat 27-Dec-14 22:13:46

My cat also sleeps on radiator. I alwAys think surely it must be sore but he loves it! Cats are strange grin

I wouldn't worry about your puss tat

JuxaSnogUndertheMistletoe Sat 27-Dec-14 22:20:55

Cats' temperature is higher than ours, so they'll always feel warm, but they love being HOT! A cat will move if it's not happy somewhere so don't worry unless she's pinned down! I don't know where you are, but it was jolly cold here today and the cats have been searching for anywhere that makes up for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now