Talk

Advanced search

Scissorclaws has the runs

(16 Posts)
chockbic Sat 20-Dec-14 16:18:54

He has been loose for a few days now. Kind of drippy. Apologies if eating.

What's best to feed him until he recovers from whatever ails?

RubbishMantra Sat 20-Dec-14 17:10:45

Oh no! Poor Monsieur Scissorclaws! If it's been going on for a few days now, I'd be inclined to take him to the vet. Pets At Home have an in-house vet and open on Sunday. MKitten had a runny bottom for the first couple of weeks, and they prescribed a pro-biotic paste. Is it recurring? I remember reading (on here I think) that Giardia is likely the cause.

In the meantime, steamed chicken, boiled eggs? With a bit of water stirred in, to make sure he's hydrated.

Wishing your slasher a speedy recovery.

chockbic Sat 20-Dec-14 17:22:03

He was runny and snuffly for a few weeks when he came to us.

I've fed him fresh cooked chicken and he's been loose since then. Doubt it could be from that though. He's a greedy guts so might have picked something up outside. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Will try him with a bit of egg later. Thanks for the advice.

Madcats Sat 20-Dec-14 22:33:54

We really struggled to get our elderly cat to eat the probiotic syringe-paste. Apparently dogs like it; our siamese could smell it from 5 metres. If we popped it in his mouth he would wander round the corner to vomit it up. For a while we ended up trying it with roast pork and water.

We did quite well popping it into a bit of minced lamb (with a cottage pie in mind for the rest)

RubbishMantra Sun 21-Dec-14 14:14:16

How's the little man's runny bottom today Choc?

chockbic Sun 21-Dec-14 14:17:42

Spooky, just about to update this Rubbish.

He's been sick as well and still loose as a goose. So off to the vet in the morning. Just need to get a stool sample confused

RubbishMantra Sun 21-Dec-14 14:53:42

Ooh, spooky indeed! I shall send him some get well soon vibes!

Poor little thing, how does he seem in himself? A bit down I bet. Good idea with the stool sample, they can send it off and get a diagnosis without any guess work.

Give the little lad an ear fuss from me.

chockbic Sun 21-Dec-14 14:57:04

A bit subdued at the moment. Think he's missing the tasty tuna pouches he was having.

One thing is, I noticed the fridge thermostat had been knocked to its lowest level. Hoping I've not poisoned him with gone off chicken.

Thanks for your concern cake

RubbishMantra Sun 21-Dec-14 18:10:00

Ah, bless you both. I doubt very much you've poisoned him, as you said most likely something he's munched outside. I'm sure the vet will sort him out.

Doesn't stop the worrying though.

Let us know how the little monsieur gets on at the vet tomorrow?

chockbic Mon 22-Dec-14 12:07:50

God love you, Rubbish smile

He seems better today. Firmer. So we're going to keep an eye on him over the next couple of days.

RubbishMantra Mon 22-Dec-14 13:15:21

smile

That's good he's less loose.

I know if it were me though, I'd be off to the vet, just as a precaution.

chockbic Mon 22-Dec-14 16:52:23

Will bear it in mind, thanks.

RubbishMantra Tue 23-Dec-14 21:34:28

How's Monsieur le Scissorclaws doing today? I hope the little miaow is feeling better, and getting back to his usual slasher self.

chockbic Wed 24-Dec-14 14:40:42

He's getting back to his usual bouncy, ripping self.

Been out and came back in licking his lips fhmm

RubbishMantra Wed 24-Dec-14 16:00:32

Ah, that is good news! fsmile

A joyful Xmas to you and Scissorclaws!

chockbic Wed 24-Dec-14 16:29:48

Thanks Rubbish.

You too wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now