Talk

Advanced search

Need new cat food - ideally a pate?

(7 Posts)
KatyMac Fri 19-Dec-14 22:30:09

My new baby has problems with his incisors so he can't tear

He cruches fine & is on Royal Canin ex something but he likes a wet food

Ella's kitchen sometimes has lumps in - is there anything smoother?

Sleepyoto Fri 19-Dec-14 22:35:50

I've recently switched to Nutriment raw after researching - really rate it and I think would be suitable as it is the texture of soft mince, with small bits of bone in. We mainly have the chicken, it's a bit of a faff to defrost but well worth it for all the benefits - the cat has had some very dramatic health improvements since switching, not to mention it doesn't smell!

KatyMac Fri 19-Dec-14 22:43:19

Not sure we have room in the freezer to store it - I'll have a think

Sleepyoto Sat 20-Dec-14 09:37:21

Sure, logistics take a bit of working out, but if you can work it out it might be worth a try. The local stockist search doesn't work very well (you need to click through every page) but if you have one that can make it a bit easier.

KatyMac Sat 20-Dec-14 13:15:54

I run a food business from home, so i wonder about cross-contamination in the freezer

RubbishMantra Sat 20-Dec-14 14:03:14

Animonda Carny is a pate type food. I give it to mine because it's cereal free and has a very high meat content. It's more a rough pate consistency with a few tubes and offal in it, but he should be fine with that if he can manage to munch dry. I buy it online from Zooplus.

AngelCauliflower Sat 20-Dec-14 16:24:16

hi, I saw applaws pate in the pet shop in our local garden centre. Not sure if zooplus stock it. I know they have the applaws that is sort of stringy and might be easy to eat.

My cat likes the pate food and I buy the little trays of lily's kitchen that you can buy in some supermarkets and online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now