Talk

Advanced search

Need Advice ASAP Queen in labour

(9 Posts)
MyPandaisasecretmonster Sun 14-Dec-14 14:25:54

Please don't berate me .

I have just got home and found my Queen has had a kitten but it hasn't survived , no signs of any others and she won't let me keep her in one room as she is still wanting to roam around .

She is very big , Vet said at least 4 kittens so how long do I wait before I get her to the vets as like I said she isn't settling so it doesn't look like she is having the others any time soon .

And yes she is going to be neutered

TIA

thecatneuterer Sun 14-Dec-14 14:41:20

OK. Firstly, whether or not she's happy to be kept in a room - keep her in it. You don't want her to go wandering off and you not being able to find her.

There can be two or three hours between each kitten. How long have you been out? What is the longest it can have been since the last one?

If she has been pushing for hours (probably meaning something has gone wrong) she might have just got very tired and given up pushing. I would say that if the gap is longer than 5 or 6 hours between kittens then she needs to be seen.

We had a cat in this week that had had one kitten, born dead, and the others had died inside her. The owners delayed by 36 hours in bringing her to us, resulting in her nearly dying herself.

thecatneuterer Sun 14-Dec-14 14:54:43

I would phone your local out of hours vet and discuss it with them.

MyPandaisasecretmonster Sun 14-Dec-14 15:06:31

Thanks TCN , I was stroking her when I came in & when she got up I noticed the kitten was still very warm .

Spoke to the ooh vets and if she hasn't had them by morning then I have to take her in though that seems a little long to leave it

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 14-Dec-14 16:17:51

My standard advice is longer than 2 hours between kittens/puppies then the should be seen. Longer and you start to loose them. Overnight is way, way to long can result in dead kittens and dead mums.

MyPandaisasecretmonster Sun 14-Dec-14 16:27:09

Ok thanks TCN I thought it didn't sound right , I'll give them a call back

Mylittlepotofjoy Sun 14-Dec-14 21:26:11

I would defiantly get her checked. Hope all is ok

MyPandaisasecretmonster Sun 14-Dec-14 21:40:04

Got an appointment for tomorrow dinner time , Vet didn't think it was necessary to take her in as she is up aand about , eating drinking etc

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 15-Dec-14 07:47:00

Hmmm, I hope everything is okay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now