Talk

Advanced search

lilys kitchen

(14 Posts)
KareninsGirl Sat 13-Dec-14 13:50:02

Anyone else use this?

parents use dog version for their pooch so bought the cat version for my fur babies.

They do love it abd am hoping they will benefit long term from eating 'clean' food

would you say it's worth the money?

SmokingGun Sat 13-Dec-14 13:53:10

Are you buying it from the supermarket or a pet store?

It is a good food but the supermarket sold one is just "Lilys" and isn't as nutritious as Lilys Kitchen.

Is it the small foil pouches you are feeding the kitty's or the tins?

KareninsGirl Sat 13-Dec-14 13:54:11

Am buying directly from lilys kitchen online. feeding the tins with the nibbles

AngelCauliflower Sat 13-Dec-14 18:23:05

I give lily's kitchen to my newish rescue cat, she loves it. But the vet didn't seem to think it was a good idea. She said it would be ok as a treat but not good for an everyday food. I can't remember what she said, that it was too pure or something like that.

AngelCauliflower Sat 13-Dec-14 18:59:02

I should have said - so far I have continued to give my cat lily's kitchen despite what the vet said.

SmokingGun Sun 14-Dec-14 17:14:32

It's a good food but I think it's quite expensive for what it is. Have you tried looking on Zooplus or Happy Kitty Co?

KareninsGirl Sun 14-Dec-14 18:36:58

ooh tell me more smile

SmokingGun Sun 14-Dec-14 19:05:51

They are my most favourite websites for cat food. What kind of food do your cats like? Pate, meaty, chunks? I can give you some recommendations. Zooplus do bulk sales so works out really cheap. Happy kitty co sell as singles so I don't buy as much from there but they have a good selection.

KareninsGirl Sun 14-Dec-14 20:05:59

Well, they love the lilys kitchen which is a paté-type food, and I mix it with crunchy nibbles which they also love.

basically, I want to give my beauties the best food possible for the best price grin

if you have any recommendations I'd be really interested.

SmokingGun Sun 14-Dec-14 21:30:17

Ok so pate type food I get; meowing heads from Fetch (ocado). Applaws pate (you can get that from somewhere like Zooplus or Pets at home). Animonda vom Feinsten (from Zooplus). Most of the Natures Menu pouches have a pate consistancy too (you can get these from pet shops).

Dry food wise, applaws is probably the best you can get.

If you want to try more mesty foods, I get the following:

Grantapet (Happy Kitty Company)
Grantapet symphonie (Happy Kitty Co)
Macs (Happy Kitty Co)
Grau (Zooplus)
Thrive (Zooplus or Fetch)
Aniomonda Carny (Zooplus)
Catz Finefood (Zooplus)
Feringa (Zooplus)
Om Nom Nom (Happy Kitty Co)
Smilla (Zooplus)

All of these have a brilliant meat content and no nasty extras. I tend to go for grain free versions so I don't overload him with unnecessary carbs.

SmokingGun Sun 14-Dec-14 21:31:11

Reading back that list I realise how spoilt SmokingKitten is blush

SmokingGun Sun 14-Dec-14 21:32:00

Also I meant meaty not mesty!

KareninsGirl Sun 14-Dec-14 23:05:47

Thank you smoking! I'm off to look at the zoo plus website now. Thanks firvall the infosmile

AngelCauliflower Mon 15-Dec-14 07:10:25

hi, sorry I wasn't feeling well when I posted previously. My brain is now working! The vet said to me lily's kitchen is too rich for some cats. I mix a little lily's kitchen with some dry food and my cat loves it and is doing very well on it. She also loves applaws. I give her a little applaws for a treat. I always order from zooplus, I think it is great for cat food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now